The Blue Tiger of the Titanic

deegarretson

Apr 4, 2012
I've just published a suspence novella, The Blue Tiger of the Titanic. While it is completely fictional (the premise is outrageous, but fun), I did extensive research to give an accurate feel for the story. Here's a description:

Aspiring reporter Julia Llewellyn hopes the voyage back to New York on the Titanic will give her plenty of material for a story that the editor of her hometown paper won’t be able to refuse, even though he normally only lets her report on ladies’ luncheons and charity meetings. When Julia spots a crate being loaded on board marked with the words “Extreme Danger — Do Not Open,” she thinks she has a lead on a great story, one that will get her name on the front page. Right away rumors start to swirl about the artifact in the crate, and of the curse that follows it.

Even though Julia doesn’t believe in curses, she knows it will make a good story, if told the right way. But once she meets the young assistant surgeon on board, Ned Endicott, she has to work at keeping her mind on collecting the facts, not on spending her time hoping she will run into him. As the voyage gets underway, strange incidents give rise to whispers of a mystery animal stalking the unwary, Julia finds the story growing more dangerous than she ever dreamed, and finds herself and Ned right in the middle of it. A novella - 25,000 words

I had a great time researching and writing it. My other work is published under my real name, both my two books for children published by HarperCollins and my historical mystery, The Gargoyle in the Seine, which I published myself. This one is under a pen name, Lia Garret, and at the moment is only available on Kindle, though there will be paperbacks coming soon.

deegarretson

Apr 4, 2012
Sorry about the typo in the above post. I guess there is only one edit allowed per post (?) and I used it to fix some other typos, missing one. My brain knows how to spell suspense, but my fingers always want to type it incorrectly.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Dee, multiple edits should be possible but there's a time limit. On the old Board it was a couple of hours I think - not sure what it is on this one but the 'edit' option for each post will always disappear within a few hours at most.