The Canadian Titanic Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2002
I intend to join the Canadian Titanic Society. Any members here? Hoiw is their journal? The Canadian Titanic Society seems to be very open minded on differing views about salvage and the Californian controversey, which makes it a very appealing group indeed..

Regards

Tarn Stephanos

J

John Meeks

How do you join ? Never heard of these folks !

Jason must know !

Regards,

John(I bet it's based in Toronto...!)M

Dec 7, 2000
I have seen a few of their journals and they look OK. I have never had the chance to read them I just thumbed through. It might be worth joining, and if you don't like it, just don't join again.

If you do a search for them on the web, you will find them as they do have a web site. I have e-mailed them before and they're very friendly and helpful.

Daniel.

Aug 29, 2000
Thanks for the news- I too was not aware of this group but it seems a natural what with Halifax connections- and some really great researchers and authors up North. Good stuff-great neighbors- more is MORE!

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Tarn,

I've been a member for three years and I recommend joining! It's a terrific society and their journals are really good. Actually they are just in the middle of revamping the design. Do you remember that gentleman we talked to at the exhibit that's also a member? That's how I found out about the CTS.

Hi John,

I wish they were here in Toronto! They're actually based in Simcoe, just outside of London, Ont.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Jan 7, 2002
Hi Jason! Have they held conventions?

Also do you know if all back issues are still available?

I think the chap that told us about the Canadian titanic Society was Alan Ruffman, who wrote a good book on the Halifax connection...

thanks

tarn Stephanos

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Tarn!

No they haven't held conventions yet, but I'm hoping they will in the future. Back issues are available, but they've only put out two issues. More information is on the website.

Actually it wasn't Alan Ruffman that mentioned it to us, it was a gentleman that lives here in Toronto. I've seen Alan's book, but I don't have it yet.

The great Phil Gowan is also a member of the CTS.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Jan 7, 2002
Thanks Jason, im signing up. You should submit to them that photo of you by Titanic's whistle! Great shot.You should blow that up into an 8x10 and frame it.Anytime you look at a Titanic photo, look at the whistles on the forward funnel, and think 'one day ill touch those whistles.."
In a way youve become a part of her story...

Peace

Tarn Stephanos

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
You're welcome Tarn, great to hear you're joining! That's a great idea about submitting the photo to them. Now that I have the negative thanks to you, I'm going to get a 8x10 and frame it.

"In a way youve become a part of her story..."

Thank you, I appreciate that.
happy.gif

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Andrew Maheux

Dec 4, 2000
I became a member in 2000, and only recieved one journal from them since then. There seems to be a problem with the mailing system or something.

Andrew M.

Status
Not open for further replies.