The couple that visted the wireless shack near the end

Feb 14, 2011
According to Bride's testimony, not long before he and Phillips abandoned the cabin, a couple came into the wireless shack, and he gave the woman a glass of water. Was this woman Rosa Abbott?

Thanks and regards

Tarn Stephanos

J

Jemma Hyder

Tarn,

If you can remind me which testimony Harold mentioned that I should be able to dig some information up for you....

Thanks,

Jemma

Jun 18, 2007
The only place I remember this being mentioned was in Pellegrino's "Her Name, Titanic". I don't remember this incident being mentioned in the American testimony. I could look into the British testimony and see if it pops up there.

Kritina

Jun 18, 2007
Well, there is a reference in the British Inquiry testimony, though there is no mention of a husband. And it's strange that no one bothered to ask what became of the woman!

The part of the testimony in question is as follows:

16773. When you returned to the Marconi room on the last occasion did anything unusual occur? - We had a lady inside there who was in a fainting condition, sitting down in a chair.

Kritina

M

Minna Tiihonen

Hey all,

In Walter Lord's "A Night To Remember" they say that when Bride went out on the boat deck to check the situation and then returned to the wireless cabin, there was a fainted woman there whom a husband had brought in. The woman was given a chair and some water, and when she was feeling a bit better, the couple left. I don't think she was Rosa Abbott for her husband was not on board (if it was her, then the 'husband' would have probably been one of her sons).

Minna