The Crown Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
The movie said the "Crown Diamond was chopped two" hince...one half is the Heart of the Ocean. What is the other half? The Hope Diamond? Curious...what's your thoughts on this?

May 3, 2005
I believe the line was :
"Old Louie lost everything from the neck down."
Of course, the whole diamond thing was purely fictitious. LOL.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Here's the script. The speaker is Brock Lovett.

"Louis the Sixteenth wore a fabulous stone, called the Blue Diamond of the Crown, which disappeared in 1792, about the time Louis lost everything from the neck up. The theory goes that the crown diamond was chopped too... recut into a heart-like shape... and it became Le Coeur de la Mer. The Heart of the Ocean. Today it would be worth more than the Hope Diamond."

Total fiction, of course.

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
The Crown Diamond was chopped too...so meaning it wasn't "two" but "too", so indicating it was just reshaped, not necssarily cut into two halves...ok...things seem to be now making sense lol.

tina tobin

Feb 13, 2009
THE CROWN DIAMOND IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE HEART OF THE OCEAN BUT AS NO ONE KNOWS I PRESUME THIS IS RIGHT. I MYSELF OWN A REPLICA OF THE HEART OF THE OCEAN. BUT I COULD NOT TELL U.

May 3, 2005
The "Heart of the Ocean" was as fictitious as Caledon Hockley, Jack Dawson and Ruth and Rose Dewitt-Bukater. LOL .

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
Hello, Tina---

1. Welcome to ET.

2. Please don't write in ALL CAPS. It's the online equivalent of shouting.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.