The Dead Might Have More To Say....

E.G.L.

Aug 27, 2012
As technology for probing the Titanic's debris field becomes more precise and sophisticated, Do you think clothing from some of the already disintegrated bodies might be identified and reveal the owner, or possibly contain further valuable information/insight (as in diaries, notebooks, letters etc.) to add to this unending saga?

Jul 14, 2012
Including DNA?
What an interesting idea, E.G.L. but I'm not sure how much of the clothing (apart from shoes) is in a condition to be examined. Also, just as crucially, there's the moral element - possessions are one thing, but clothes? They're very personal. Not sure I like the phrase 'unending saga' either...many people feel a strong connection to Titanic.

E.G.L.

Aug 27, 2012
You raise an important aspect Ellie, one which I neglected to consider...the emotional impact of such a venture. I was proposing the idea purely from a scientific viewpoint.

"Not sure I like the phrase 'unending saga' either...many people feel a strong connection to Titanic." As indeed I do also.

"Saga"= an epic or long story.
Are you suggesting the Titanic's story is complete? All questions have been answered and nothing else left to learn? Otherwise, yes, the Titanic is an "unending saga".