The Dock Titanic Sailed From

Ben Lemmon

Oct 9, 2009
Is there anyone who knows the actual name of the dock the Titanic sailed from? I was thinking about it, and I wasn't sure if there was ever a name for the dock because I've never heard of it.

Tom McLeod

Sep 1, 2005
I think the dock names may have changed as they grew, I've heard it referred to as the White Star Line Dock. Titanic sailed from port of Southamton, England on her maiden voyage. In America where Titanic was to have docked she would,like her sister use the Chelsea Piers, the docks carried labels like Pier 59 (Titanic's destination) etc.

Ben Lemmon

Oct 9, 2009
I thought you might. So what kind of tomfoolery have you been doing lately, George?

You know what really stinks? I bought a new computer, and I had to transfer all my old files from my old one. However, ten pages of my story seemed to have gotten lost in the process, so I had to rewrite a good portion of my story. It's not the same anymore, nor have I gotten back to where I had been. Too busy. School decided to work me a little hard this year.

May 27, 2007
quote:

However, ten pages of my story seemed to have gotten lost in the process,
Darn! I hear you Ben on getting back to where you wanted to be in your narrative. I've lost stories too in the past and hate it. Here's to you having a return of the Narrative to where you had it.

quote:

So what kind of tomfoolery have you been doing lately, George?
Not much still raising Arizona and reading my eyesight away. I sent you an E-Mail from your profile page after I read your first post to let you know what shenanigans I'm up to.​

Ben Lemmon

Oct 9, 2009
I got the e-mail. Thanks.

I have been researching certain things not specifically related to the Titanic. They mostly deal with certain psychological factors that I either intend to or have incorporated into my story. I've had an interest in psychology since I was a sophomore in high school, so I thought it would be interesting to incorporate.

In retrospect, I think it might've been good that I lost those pages. I think the rewrite, while it may not be as long, reads a little better and flows better with the story.

If you respond to this, George, would you be able to do it in the Writing a New Book thread? That'd be great if you could.