The engine room in King Kong 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Lee

I know that the engine room in JC's Titanic was a full size reciprocating engine room from a small steamer, shrunk down using computer wizardry. It looks a lot like the engine room in the latest incarnation of King Kong.

Paul, I know this is OT, but did you see the new King Kong? If so, I really want to know what you thought of it. I've been playing with the idea of seeing it this weekend, but the reviews are so mixed. If someone from the Titanic community gives it an *at least worth seeing* review, I'll go see it. I just don't trust many but my Titanic people. (plus the fact that nobody I know has seen it)...
happy.gif

Paul Lee

Its really good, well worth seeing! It follows the 1933 original very well, but some parts (the giant cockroaches etc.) make it unsuitable for viewing by small children IMHO.
And Kong is a character that you can truly sympathise with, unlike the 1933, and to an extent, the 1975 versions.

I may be going to see the film tonight, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for the steamer's engine room. If not tonight, I will definitely be seeing this film soon.

So those were giant cockroaches I saw in the previews? I thought they were giant spiders. Man, am I relieved!

>>So those were giant cockroaches I saw in the previews? I thought they were giant spiders. Man, am I relieved!<<

Now I ask you....which is worse...cockroaches or spiders ? :)

Cheerio

-J.N.B.

I say spiders! lol But I have arachnophobia BIG TIME. I couldn't sit through 'Return Of The King' or the 'Chamber Of Secrets' because of giant spiders. Those scenes literally make me feel ill.

>>Now I ask you....which is worse...cockroaches or spiders ? :)<<

For me, spiders, without any question. I have a crippling fear of them. I don't fear any other variety of creepy-crawler, or anything else found in nature in particular, but point out a spider and I'll quickly vacate the premises. It can be embarrassing at times, especially when you consider my ideal pet would be a snake.

>>I couldn't sit through 'Return Of The King' or the 'Chamber Of Secrets' because of giant spiders. Those scenes literally make me feel ill.<<

Oh yes, I'll never forget the first time I watched The Return of the King!

Well, I saw the film this evening, and thoroughly enjoyed. I made sure to notice the engine room of the steamship Venture. While I saw similarities to Titanic's engine room, they were nothing more than the similarities you would likely expect to see when comparing these spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.