The findings on the 2005 Cameron Discovery expedition to the Titanic

Feb 14, 2011
I am on pins and needles with excitement with what we may see on this summers Cameron expedition to Titanic.
What do you all think- will the Turkish Bath be in a remarkable state of preservation-or devistation?
I say the teak wood will be sound and the tiled wall intact...
I'm eager to discover if the collapsed roof of the A deck lounge has crept any closer to detaching, and sliding off the rear end of the bow section...

Regards

Tarn Stephanos

Mar 3, 1998
Tarn,

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for St. John's, if we can straighten out problems with Air Canada's reservations. Today is a hectic day, and tomorrow will be a long one (assuming I get on an airplane).

However, we'll soon find out the answers to your questions.

Parks

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Looking forward to hearing how it goes, Parks - if the results are even half of what they were last time, it will be well worth the journey!

Safe travels - or should that be 'fair winds and following seas?'

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Wesley,

Actually, the expedition is going to be televised in our neck of the woods on July 24 at 9 pm on Discovery. So you'll be able to watch it after all.

As far as making a sequel to GOTA, that ain't gonna happen. In a sense this is the sequel, plus this expedition is going to be James Cameron's last to the ship.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
You're welcome, Wesley.

It beats me if a DVD will be released, but it would be great if it happened. Since it is being shown on Discovery, I believe that decision would be up to them. We'll just have to wait and see.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
If past history is any indication, if a DVD or VHS tape of the show is going to be offered, the first you'll hear of it will be on the day of the broadcast. At least that's been my observation. Since something like that could potentially bring in a lot of money...if the interest is there...I'd be surprised if they didn't offer something. The real problem would be if the demand goes way beyond expectations. I remember when they offered a DVD of Cameron's expedition to the Bismarck. I ordered it at once. The dalays went on for so long, it was ultimately canceled with an offer to reorder if I wanted to.

Since I found a copy in The Discovery Store during a trip to Charleston, I no longer felt the need to do so.

Scott Newman

Jun 16, 2004
I also had a hard time finding the Bismarck DVD, and that was well after the broadcast. I did eventually get it through Amazon.