The Great Eastern

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Recently, while visiting a Charleston book store, I picked up a book on 'The Great Eastern'. The book is entitled "The Great Iron Ship", written by John Dugan and published in the early 1950's. It's a fascinating read about Isambard K. Brunel and his 'Leviathan'. Amazingly, I found a second copy and purchased both.

The book is in, what I would call, good condition but with no dust jacket. If anyone would like a copy of this book, please email me at:

[email protected]

Best regards, all
Cook

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Pat!
That books is pretty common, despite having been printed many moons ago- the local Brattle Bookshop usually gets 1 copy a month- Its a great read though...

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
I know what you mean, Tarn. I ran it on the 'Bookfinder' website and found 3 pages of copies, with about 20 copies to each page.

It is a good read but they must've printed up about a million of the things!

Best regards,
Cook

ADeblois

Mar 18, 2012
I have always had a soft spot for Brunel's massive SS Great Eastern, the ship that held the record for size from 1859 to 1901, a total of 42 years!

I have created a website regarding the Great Eastern: Home - Great Eastern Reconstruction Project

Give me your thoughts on my SS Great Eastern site...I am continually updating it with pics and more when I can :)