The Great Titanic Conspiracy by Robin Gardiner

W

William Smith

Robin Gardiner's new book is now available and, exclusively hosted by his agent,he now has his own web site where he is prepared to answer questions and there is a discussion forum. Visit www.greattitanicconspiracy.co.uk
Now is the chance you have all been waiting for!

Oct 3, 2011
Resurrecting an old thread here, but I just HAD to get this rant out my system!

Yesterday someone gave me a copy of this piece of **** (an unfortunate soul who actually paid good money for it).

This waste of paper had me in such a rage I'm amazed I wasn't frothing at the mouth.

Seriously, it seems that any old BS can be published these days... because they know many are stupid enough to buy it. Some also stupid enough to actually believe it too, judging by many youtube comments on the subject.

Every page I had to pick up my jaw at some ridiculous or offensive claim. Captain Smith and Lightholler were drunk? HMS Hawke rammed Olympic deliberately? Rep. Of Ireland schools taught pupils that the sinking was an insurance scam? Author does not believe Titanic broke at the surface and states that nobody actually saw her sink? No Spare prop blades were made for Olympic? I could go on and on and on...

This garbage is right up there with the "no planes used on 9/11" lunacy. It's a fitting comparison with it's "no iceberg" and "controlled sinking" nonsense.

It's Bonfire night soon, over here in England. This thing is going on it, that's for sure.

Rant over, I feel a little better now.

Anneliese

Sally Butler

Mar 28, 2003
According to a German site, an RMS Olympic lifeboat purchased after the ship was struck off the Cunard/WSL registry and was [later] acquired by the Dorset coast Sea Scouts. For years following it was active as a training boat. It was [later] rammed and sank in 1943 by the SS Mount Barton. Apparently it was known that this lifeboat had 401 in the bow boards which corresponds to Titanic, Olympic being 400! By accident it was rediscovered in 2009 and a planned salvage will take place next year.
Is this lifeboat the ‘smoking gun’?
This lifeboat is mentioned in one of his books . . . , I think?
Here Is The Lifeboat To Be Salvaged From 60' Feet Of Water

Sally B.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Apparently it was known that this lifeboat had 401 in the bow boards which corresponds to Titanic, Olympic being 400!<<

One little ptoblem. The lifeboats were not identified that way. Go to http://titanic-model.com/db/db-02/br-db-2-lb.html and take a look at figure 5 and 6.

Since most of Titanic's lifeboats survived and made it to New York, it's not impossible for some of them to have been sold or simply given away just to get rid of them. The boat mentioned in the German site could have come from any old place.

Oct 3, 2011
It seems Gardiner would have us believe the lifeboats were specifically designed for each ship. Am I right in saying that's hogwash?

The boats would have been built to a specific size but technically could be used on any number of vessels.

Gardiner claims the name "Olympic" was carved on one of Titanic's boats, there would be no need for this to be done. The boat specification for each ship was identical, the boats had plates identifying which ship they belonged to once they were fitted on board. A name or build number carved in to the wood is completely unnecessary and there's no evidence they were marked in that way.

Anneliese

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>It seems Gardiner would have us believe the lifeboats were specifically designed for each ship. Am I right in saying that's hogwash?<<

Pretty much. The same thirty foot boats and 24 foot cutters used on the Titanic would have been used on nearly every ship designed and built by Harland & Wolff.

Oct 3, 2011
Good point Jason.

I regularly post on the JREF forum (mostly in the 9/11 conspiracy threads), I'm more familiar with 9/11 truth garbage than Gardiner's theories. It's pretty similar stuff really, same dubious research and distortions.

Anneliese