The intact corridor under the forecastle

Jan 7, 2002
What struck me about the exploration under the forcastle was that there was an intact corridor...

Was this the only intact corridor seen on the wreck, with doors to the left an right?

Tarn Stephanos

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
What struck me about the exploration under the forcastle was that there was an intact corridor...

Was this the only intact corridor seen on the wreck, with doors to the left an right?

Tarn Stephanos
Hiya, I know you aren't active anymore, (sadly) but here's a picture of it. (Looking forwards, into the corridor) Copyright James Cameron 2001
Hallway under the Forecastle.PNG

Yusuf Khan

Apr 16, 2021
I know this is an old thread but I'm just curious if this is the only photo/footage of a corridor in the wreck, or if anymore have been discovered?

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hello There!
They did get down this hallway, and the Crew Infirmary, 2001
(both images are from "Ghosts of the Abyss"
C-Deck Crew's Surgery, intact bottles still in place 2001.PNG

Firemen's Galley, 2001
firemen's mess under the forecastle starboard, bow tapering in.PNG

they also got down to the Firemen's Spiral staircase and D-Deck firemen's berths, but I guess I shouldn't include them since they're not technically "in" the hallway

hope this helps!!

Yusuf Khan

Apr 16, 2021
Hello There!
They did get down this hallway, and the Crew Infirmary, 2001
(both images are from "Ghosts of the Abyss"
View attachment 76572

Firemen's Galley, 2001
View attachment 76573

they also got down to the Firemen's Spiral staircase and D-Deck firemen's berths, but I guess I shouldn't include them since they're not technically "in" the hallway

hope this helps!!
Thanks, those are great photos! It seems like the areas under the forecastle are in the best shape

Reactions: 1 user