The Irish Aboard Titanic Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2007
Hi Holly,

I just know what it's like waiting for something. Especially a book. I got Alison Weir's new book about Katherine de Swynford and John Of Gaunt on hold and it won't be published in the U.S.A til Jan. 2009. January looks pretty far away.
sad.gif

I hope Senan Molony sees this and sends you some pic's or somebody does or posts them here. I too would like to see the pictures of the Passengers you mentioned.

H

Holly Peterson

Thanks for the sympathy, George. It is pretty hard waiting, but I'm trying to make the best of it
happy.gif

This is the first post I'm typing on my new computer in my new house, and I'm pretty excited to be living here because it's the first city I've resided in that has a Titanic Survivor from it.

Another thing that's really hard to wait for is movies. I'm still mad that they moved Harry Potter 6 from November to July. It's so far away!

May 27, 2007
quote:

I'm still mad that they moved Harry Potter 6 from November to July. It's so far away!

That's got my Nephews up in Arms. I'm still counting the days til my Gaunt & Swynford Medieval Extravaganza book comes in. It had better be good. I hate waiting for something that ends up being a flop. Although I liked all Weir's other books. So I am so with you, Holly on the waiting.
sad.gif

Congrats on the Move.
grin.gif
So do you like your place. I like to move but hate the actual moving. Like everybody else I know.
happy.gif
I hope you settle in OK and have everything is were you want it and looks good.
happy.gif

H

Holly Peterson

No book yet, but I had a dream about it. In the dream, the book had a very blurry black-and-white group photo of several Irish survivors, including Miss O'Leary and Miss Corr, in their old age. A few pages later there was a brownish-type photo of some teenage survivors including Jack Thayer, some random crewman, and Helen Corr. She was wearing a white dress and had red hair. A bit later there was a blurry photo of Jamilia Nicola-Yarred and her brother, and I was wondering why they were in the book since they're from the Middle East, and I was also confused because they had pale hair and skin and Elias looked just like my Grandma's uncle as a kid. Plus, the picture was said to have been taken as they were boarding a lifeboat. Then I flipped back to the picture of the teenage survivors and it turned into a colored picture of a bunch of middle-aged people.

I really like my new house. It's already starting to feel like home.

May 27, 2007
quote:

I really like my new house. It's already starting to feel like home.

I for one am glad your liking your new home. No book yet. I'd wait a week then get on the phone with either the Post Office or the place you ordered the book from.​

H

Holly Peterson

After a not-so-tactful remark that I will probably never recieve this book, I sat down to think about it and realized that it's probably true.

In the face of this, I was wondering if anybody on earth could tell me what the pictures of the four girls mentioned at the start of this thread (Nora O'Leary, Helen Corr, Anna McGowan and Julia Smyth) look like in their pictures, since I'm never going to see these pictures myself (I'm making a scrapbook of pictures of young survivors.) How old are they in the pictures? What are they wearing, what is their hair like? It's not like I'm one to dwell on people's appearances it's just I've been waiting months and just a bit of information about them is better than all this agonizing waiting.

Isn't Senan Molony, the author, on these
threads? If you're reading this, or if anybody else is who knows anything about the book, could you please, please, please respond?
happy.gif

Best regards,
Holly

Ben Lemmon

Feb 6, 2008
Alzbeta, I thoroughly suggest a visit to your local library. They might have the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. If so, you can request the book The Irish Aboard the Titanic. I'm not sure if they can get it for you, or how much it costs for such a service in your new hometown, but we should hope so. After looking on a library database, I found out libraries worldwide do have the book you are looking for.

While a visit to your library is one possibility, I have thought of another. I have the book The Irish Aboard the Titanic signed by Senan Molony. If you want me to, I can scan the desired photos and send them to you via e-mail. That is, of course, if you don't want to use the ILL system. Anyway, I hope I was helpful in any regard.

H

Holly Peterson

Ben, I'd like to thank you for your sympathy and understanding during this time. You've been like a friend, always answering my posts and replying kindly, and I'm really thankful for that.

It would be wonderful if you could scan the pictures to me, but I have to ask my Mom first for permission to give out our e-mail address. I just wanted to let you know so you were aware I'd seen your message.

Many, many, many thanks,
Holly 'Alzbeta' Peterson

May 27, 2007
quote:

Still no book; I've given up.

Awh Holly
sad.gif

Those thoughtless D***S.
angry.gif
See if you can get your money back. File a complaint. You paid them for a service they didn't perform and merchandise they never delivered!!!

quote:

They might have the Inter-library Loan (ILL) service.
That's a great idea, Ben! I get books to read that way myself and then I buy 'em if I like them. Only books I buy off the rack with out reading 'em first are Alison Weir or Norah Lofts.​

H

Holly Peterson

In my previous post before George's, I thanked Ben Lemmon for his constant answering of my posts; I meant to say both George L. Lorton AND Ben Lemmon, sorry for the misunderstanding.

H

Holly Peterson

My mom says YES! You can e-mail me the pictures, Ben! I'm so so so so so so so so so grateful that you would be kind enough to consider this.

However, due to the concern of internet security, I don't want to fully say my e-mail adress here. It is written in Titanic code.

The first part of my email address consists of the names of the four members of my family in order, with no spaces or capitals. First is my dad's name - the first three letters of Montague Thaler's middle name. Secondly is my mom's name, which is the first five letters of the name of the woman Edith Brown gave up her lifeboat seat for. Next comes my name, and then the name of my sister, Kedra.

After this comes @hotmail.com

But please, nobody bombard me with constant e-mail messages or junk mail. I would be greatful if no one violated our privacy by constantly sending us messages. This e-mail address is only for the pictures to be sent (that is if you're willing to do it.) If any one else sends me messages to our email, especially spam or threatening, rude messages, they will be deleted (and I'll probably get grounded.)

Lastly, the pictures that I would like you to send me, if you want to, are all pictures of:

-Hanora O'Leary
-Annie McGowan
-Helen Corr
-Julia Smyth
-Mary Katherine Gilnagh

Thank you again!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Holly, it's easy to make contact privately with another member. Just click on their name in the left hand column adjacent to any of their posts. That will bring up their profile window, which has a 'contact' link for private messages. That way you can send your email address or any other information to just one member without fear of it becoming public knowledge.

May 27, 2007
quote:

sorry for the misunderstanding.
No worries and you welcome. I hope I was able to help. I hope you get reimbursed for not getting your book.

Bob's right. Just get in touch with Ben through his profile by clicking on his name in any of his posts and it'll take you right to his profile with contact info.​

Status
Not open for further replies.