The last 10 minutes

Chung Rex

Dec 25, 2006
Christophe, your character would likely have been caught up in cranes, cables, falling chairs, and people. A rush of seawater invading the superstructure would likely pull him into the ship or against it, releasing him only when he was deep below the surface and some pressure equalized. I'd say, a dead man in this case.

I heard a saying that when bodies was forced to certain depth, their buoyancy lost and could not therefore float again. May it be a clue that only three hundred bodies were found but not another 1200. That is one of the most horrible way of depth. See the scene of Titanic (1997) slowly and carefully when Jack and Rose were dragged underwater. There are also some people dragged underwater. I often wonder that they survived to the surface (although they were most likely frozen to death even they made it)

PRR5406

Jun 9, 2016
Maine
Do not use the characters or fictionalized events from "Titanic" as any kind of intelligent lead. It's strictly there for effect and to snare your heart strings. Truth is often far more bizarre and unimaginable. Yes, people were drawn into the ship by the filling waters. People were either incapacitated or killed outright under those events. People were inside the public rooms of the ship as it went under, and crushing volume of water had to kill outright (not to mention the thermal shock). As the weight of seawater fell or built up on them, the gases in their lungs were squeezed out, and buoyancy lost. On the ocean floor, bacteria may have generated additional gases, but rather than accumulate at those depths, they'd trickle out at the molecular level.

First and foremost, the star of the Cameron movie was the "Titanic" itself. The recreation of the breakup, interiors, sinking, and similar, were what sets this film above all others. The story of the characters can be disregarded.

Reactions: 1 user