The Lefebvre Family

• Thread starter Laura Melinda Varjo
  • Start date

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

Hey, I just saw the photo taken of Mrs. Frances Marie Lefebvre, but are there any photos of her four youngest children-Mathilde (12), Jeannie (8), Henry (5), and Ida (3) ? If there are, can you please tell me the title of the book so I can purchase it ? Thank You, Laura.
smile.gif

Oct 19, 2001
Hi Laura, so far, we could not come across any picture of the Lefebvre children. It was hard enough to get Marie's from her family, but I believe the children never were pictured. I have pictures of Marie's brothers when they were young, and of her daughter, also named Marie, when she came back in France as an old lady. We published very interesting articles on the Lefebvre family in Latitude 41, the journal of the French Titanic Association. Yours, Olivier

Jun 6, 2003
This French family has long fascinated me. Has there ever been any documentation or witnessing of their actions on the night of the sinking? I read in Judith Geller book that there was a father and several older children who were later deported following the deaths of the family members. I was wondering if Mr. Mendez or any other reader could elaborate on this story. Thanks greatly

Oct 19, 2001
Dear all, thanks for enquiring on the Lefebvre family. The Association Francaise du Titanic (French Titanic Association, or Society), published a lot of infos on the Lefebvres, following our discoveries. Just give me time to check the English translation (my English is not that good, it seems), and I'll submit their biographies to ET. You will feel close to Marie and her children, I can assure you! So far, we published every item we came across. Olivier Mendez

Nov 11, 2005
I read somewhere that said he and his children were deported after the disaster and that a few of the children made it back to America. Mr. Lefebvre never got over his beloved wife's death and it plaged him for many years. Around the times of their death anniversary he would take time off his work and around his wife's birthdays. Finally after taking time off for their anniversary he never went back to work, and virtually disappeared from public eye, where he later died, alone.
I am doing some private research on this family, as after seeing the mis-information on their commemorative plak in France, i want to find everything about them. I'll post whatever i find.

Apr 8, 2003
Hello-- I know some relatives of Marie Lefebvre. They live right here in my town!! I've known them for years. My friend's grandmother--who was Marie's sister decided NOT to go on the Titanic with her-- too expensive I guess--if she would've gone--no friend of mine would be here!! I have no other picture of their family other than Marie. But still interesting huh?

Apr 8, 2003
Just a quick update to my Marie Lefebvre comment-- I talked with her sister's grandson and he informs me that Marie's sister's name was Angele Taffin. This was the lady who decided she could not afford a ticket on the Titanic and go to America with her sister Marie.

emilieann

Apr 23, 2021
france
Dear all, thanks for enquiring on the Lefebvre family. The Association Francaise du Titanic (French Titanic Association, or Society), published a lot of infos on the Lefebvres, following our discoveries. Just give me time to check the English translation (my English is not that good, it seems), and I'll submit their biographies to ET. You will feel close to Marie and her children, I can assure you! So far, we published every item we came across. Olivier Mendez
Hi,
My husband's great-grand-mother was Célinie Daumont, the sister of Marie Daumont Lefebvre, no pictures in the familly that I know of,
Cheers,
Emilie