The most accurate portrayal of Mr Andrews in the movies?

Jan 27, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
If I were to take a guess I would think that for the most part these mini series on TV were focusing on more about fictional characters and less about real people who were involved and actually on the Titanic.

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Hi all,

Fan, if I remember correctly (and that's always a dangerous opening to a sentence!) I believe some actual footage of the Titanic wreck was shot for the 1997 James Cameron film, and he then wanted to return to the wreck and explore her more thoroughly, which in turn led to the creation of Ghosts Of The Abyss.

By the way, I see you're from Czechoslovakia, and that's pretty cool.....visiting Prague is on my bucket list. :)

As for actors in older Titanic films, does anyone have a rough idea of the cast members who are still alive from ANTR? They must be thinning out now. I know Robert Wagner is still alive from the 1953 film but can't think of too many others off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Adam.

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
As for actors in older Titanic films, does anyone have a rough idea of the cast members who are still alive from ANTR? They must be thinning out now. I know Robert Wagner is still alive from the 1953 film but can't think of too many others off the top of my head.
The best known must be Honor Blackman (Mrs Lucas) and David McCallum (Harold Bride), both of whom are, I think, still alive. Also Mary Monahan who played "Kate" and Gerald Harper, who played an officer on the Carpathia.

Apr 18, 2014
Czech Republic
Hi all,

Fan, if I remember correctly (and that's always a dangerous opening to a sentence!) I believe some actual footage of the Titanic wreck was shot for the 1997 James Cameron film, and he then wanted to return to the wreck and explore her more thoroughly, which in turn led to the creation of Ghosts Of The Abyss.

By the way, I see you're from Czechoslovakia, and that's pretty cool.....visiting Prague is on my bucket list. :)

Cheers,
Adam.
Hi Adam. Am glad Prague is on your bucket list :) I can tell ya it is the most beautiful town in the world:) I will find out which ANTR cast members are still alive, if you want.... For example Bernard Fox(*1927), who played Fred Fleet in ANTR and Colonel Gracie in the 1997 movie....

Adam Went

Apr 28, 2003
Hi all,

Stanley:

Thanks for that. Are they still working in the film industry or given it away? They must be fairly old by now but hey, Betty White gives us all hope. :-D

Fan:

Prague certainly looks like a beautiful place. Now I just need to learn Czech and i'll be right to go, haha!

Bernard Fox, good example. David Warner (who shares his name with the current opening batsman for the Australian cricket team, as a piece of useless incidental information) also featured in both "S.O.S. Titanic" in 1979 and James Cameron's 1997 film.

Cheers,
Adam.