The Mother of all Titanic Search Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Surely few would dissent from the view that what the world really needs, apart from free eye-care, reusable petrol, and the eradication of poverty is a really big, all encompassing Titanic search engine. Well ET is about to fulfil this long felt want and announces the keel laying of the as yet unamed behemoth which will certainly be the mother of all Titanic search engines.

Tired of trawling Yahoo? Weary of Asking Jeeves? This resource will (hopefully) be your gateway to Titanic knowledge anywhere on the web.

Any site can be added, as examples I have added a few at random and would welome further suggestions.

Like the existing ET search engine where you can limit your search to a single section (e.g. Passenger Biographies) or search everything together, it can be set so that particularly good sites (the first is the Titanic Inquiry Project) can be searched individually or in combination with all the others.

I'm sure that ultimately this will prove more useful than two spare legs, faster than Michael Schumacher and more fun than a round trip to Mars.

Click Here to try it out and e-mail suggestions for sites or post them here.

R

Rolf Vonk

It's a great idea Phil! I just took a try and I assure you that this is far more easier than Altavista.

Regards,
Rolf

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
This is a wonderful idea Phil! I just tried it myself and it is very easy to use.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Aug 19, 2000
Phil,

An outstanding- not to mention sorely needed and long overdue- idea!! Kudos to you many times over. It is indeed easy to use, not to mention a splendid time saver! Way to go!!
happy.gif

Take Care,
Kerri

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Hi Bill and Kerri,

I'm very grateful to you for your comments.

I was pleased and a bit surprised to find that it works so well.

I always found it a bit annoying that if you type a query into Google or Altavista you have to get past titanicmovie.com and other sites which pay to boost their position before you get to something actually worth reading.

In my travels I found that www.titanic.com now links to "The Official Titanic Site" whatever that means!

Keep me posted on good sites that should be added. This index should be for worthwhile sites so I don't propose making it a free for all for Jack worshipping kiddie sites.

Phil

Sep 12, 2000
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Thanks Phil for always finding and inventing new ways to make this place better than anything out there, including itself!

AOL often limits my searching ability, so this is such a great tool.

Maureen.

C

Christine Geyer

Yep another great addition to the site
happy.gif

Many regards
Christine

Apr 7, 2001
Oh my god Phil! Just when I think I'm caught up in my reading, (not really) I get slammed with more Titanic sites! Mother catooneys, what have we done here! We've created a monster Titanic flood of http's and www's.

A job well done to you, SIR!!!!

Yours,

Teri

P.S. I can say one thing about Titanic passionates - - they are NEVER bored....

Status
Not open for further replies.