The movie Brittanic

Jen

Jun 22, 2009
Hi, Did anyone like the movie Brittanic? It aired on Fox family channel in January, I have it on videotape but i have only watched it a few times,did you or did you not like the movie, Any opinions?Jen

T

Tracey McIntire

Hi Jen,
I saw the film when it aired. As far as historical accuracy goes, it was pure fiction. It was nice to see the computer-generated Britannic, but it was not as well-done as the Titanic. A mediocre effort.
Sincerely,
Tracey

C

ccb2000

I second that. My question is, when the lady had flashbacks when she was on Titanic and it showed the Titanic sinking, was that footage from Cameron's movie ? It looked kinda familiar. As for the movie, I was not too impressed with it.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
cob2000, the footage of the Titanic sinking was, as far as I could tell, CGI.

And I'll also second the statement about the flick being a mediocre effort. I lost track of just the technical gaffs alonewhen they presented the U-boat as following the ship whil it was submerged! Those old boats would never have been able to keep up with a trans-atlantic liner while submerged even at full speed. Further, at full speed, they would have run the battaries down in an hour. A nuclear powered sub could do it, but the first of those wouldn't be built for forty years.

They seem to have forgotton the facts that the explosion which killed the Britannic happened as a result of hitting a mine on the starboard side, not an internal explosion on the port side. Frankly, I thought the flick was rediculous.
Cordially,
Michael H. Standart