The mysterious Mrs H. Toy

Mar 28, 2002
Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone knows what third class passenger William Berriman's younger sister was called? Does anyone know if she was married and if so, did she become Mrs H Toy? If not, who was Mrs H Toy?

I have seen a postcard mailed from Paynes Hotel in Southampton we think by William Berriman (we have ruled out William Carbines simply because we cannot find anyone in his family by that surname, although she may have been a friend) to the mysterious lady at Trenerva (or possibly Treverva) near Penryn, Cornwall in about the area where the two Williams are from and at the time the Titanic was in Southampton, with a "going aboard, goodbye" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Boz

Nov 22, 2000
Hello Boz,

Berriman's sister was Lizzie Kate but she was a couple of years older than he was. I didn't think that he had a younger sister - but could be wrong!
I've never found a marriage for her. Mrs Toy remains elusive!

Geoff

Mar 28, 2002
Morning Geoff, nice to hear from you again!

I was originally led to believe that only William Carbines and William Berriman were in the frame but it appears there are another eight Williams who potentially have the Mrs Toy connection. Oh well, carry on hunting!

Cheers,

Boz