The mystery of Grand Staircase cherub

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
The other day I was looking at more pictures from Honor And Glory,and they have put out some new pics for everyone to see. One of these was a great rendering of the B deck Reception room for the A la carte restaurant. This looks exactly like the period illustration showing ONE large cherub on the staircase. Now considering what lengths these people did to recreate all the Titanic interiors, and how meticulous their research was, its very likely that this was the case.The forward B deck landing was more likely the same as well.C deck had the two small cherubs, and B deck very likely had just the one. I'm just putting this out there since there is no photographic evidence of any B deck landing.Until one surfaces, we cant really be certain that two cherubs graced both B and C decks.

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
The forward B Deck landing had also the 2 small cherubs at the sides. We know that there was a wooden pineapple in the middle and yes there are photographs of the B Deck landing. I have one from the forward B Deck landing (funny how some of the H&G team reacted with laugh+disbelieve when I said there is a photo) and here is another one similar to the one I have.
15875082_10158104074015615_1256704407885192047_o.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

robert warren

Feb 19, 2016
Its too bad more photos like this don't surface. It would be nice to put to rest this back and forth "it looked this way" "no it looked this way" debate that still goes on today.Given the amount of people that sailed on Olympic during her 25 year career, I'd be willing to say that there are lots of photos tucked in family albums all over the world.Boy if I had some , I'd let everyone see them.