The Novel Coronavirus Outbreak

TOWER3

Jun 11, 2019
Garland, TX
As you may have known, the coronavirus outbreak originated in Wuhan, China back in December and has spread worldwide with thousands of deaths, most in China's Huebi Province. Many cities in China, especially Wuhan have been placed under quarantine and a good number of cases are being reported in South Korea, Iran, and Italy. It has led to cruise lines cancelling calls in Asia, airlines suspending or reducing flights to China, and schools, businesses, and tourist attractions in China being shut down. A very significant event going on right now.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
The usual mix of cloud cuckoo conspiracy theories were all breaking out before the ink was even dry on the first press release about this. By all means, get the facts and don't fall for the hysteria. There is no evidence for example that COVID-19 is anything other than a new and mutated version of the SARS virus, and none that it's a Chinese bioweapon which got loose. (And I would expect a weaponized pathogen to be a lot deadlier than a known mortality rate of 2.3%)

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2005
The usual mix of cloud cuckoo conspiracy theories were all breaking out before the ink was even dry on the first press release about this. By all means, get the facts and don't fall for the hysteria. There is no evidence for example that COVID-19 is anything other than a new and mutated version of the SARS virus, and none that it's a Chinese bioweapon which got loose. (And I would expect a weaponized pathogen to be a lot deadlier than a known mortality rate of 2.3%)

Yeah they are running rampant on the net right now. Theres a video floating around the web that supposedly proves it a conspiracy because if you read a bottle of Clorox bleach it says its effective at killing the corna virus. "They Knew". Its bunk of course because thats been on the lable for years. Coranvirus lableing of cold/flu viruses goes back to the 1960's. Every year there's a different strain. Its why last years flu shot doesn't work this year.

Reactions: 1 user

AlexP

May 23, 2019
Usa
Yeah they are running rampant on the net right now. Theres a video floating around the web that supposedly proves it a conspiracy because if you read a bottle of Clorox bleach it says its effective at killing the corna virus. "They Knew". Its bunk of course because thats been on the lable for years. Coranvirus lableing of cold/flu viruses goes back to the 1960's. Every year there's a different strain. Its why last years flu shot doesn't work this year.
I doubt about the video. It says it kills 99.9% of viruses without naming specific ones, and it probably does, but it will not help if an infected person coughs on you or even talks to you.

Oliver K

Jul 8, 2018
The mass hysteria of this virus outbreak is insane, my brother now uses a mask when out shopping, and my parents limit the amount of shops they go in, i think its overreacting, i think there is a few support places for people who have been mentally affected by the outbreak

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
Is this Twitter statement from the POTUS about the coronavirus this very morning political Mark?

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus. We moved VERY early to close borders to certain areas, which was a Godsend. V.P. is doing a great job. The Fake News Media is doing everything possible to make us look bad. Sad!

Nov 14, 2005
Well between this virus and the russians and saudi's launching an oil price war against each other the pre-markets are bloody this evening. Everybody is panicking. Oil and Nat gas tradeing at 15 year lows. I've been waiting for this. Will cost average in and take my chances for the long run. Long run as in if the bug doesn't get me first. But you know the old saying..."I've never seen a hearst towing a u-haul trailer".

Last edited:

AlexP

May 23, 2019
Usa
Here's a face of coronavirus. The image shows the track of the Grand Princess cruise ship for the last few hours. She is not allowed to dock because she has cases of the virus between the crew and the passengers. She will dock today, but not in San Francisco. Her tracks were like these for the last 3 days.
1583762953806.png

Tim Gerard

Feb 26, 2019
Hopefully this isn't too far off topic, but I heard something briefly once that the Lusitania had once been stopped and quarantined because a passenger had been found with an infectious disease of some sort. I can't find any more details. Makes me wonder, how were the passengers and crew on the Lusitania treated during that quarantine vs how everyone on the Diamond Princess was treated.

Nov 14, 2005
Here's a face of coronavirus. The image shows the track of the Grand Princess cruise ship for the last few hours. She is not allowed to dock because she has cases of the virus between the crew and the passengers. She will dock today, but not in San Francisco. Her tracks were like these for the last 3 days.
View attachment 48165
The last I heard on the news was she was going to dock in Oakland. But that could have changed. I would think Alameda would be good spot. A lot of the base housing and barracks are still there which aren't being used. Good place to set up temp quarters.

Nov 14, 2005
Hopefully this isn't too far off topic, but I heard something briefly once that the Lusitania had once been stopped and quarantined because a passenger had been found with an infectious disease of some sort. I can't find any more details. Makes me wonder, how were the passengers and crew on the Lusitania treated during that quarantine vs how everyone on the Diamond Princess was treated.
Well just doing a quick search it seems the Lusitania was quarantined many times.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Cruise/comments/ee5e8g