The Novel Coronavirus Outbreak

Jul 5, 2016
There's a friend I normally chat with every night usually, and haven't heard from them in 10 days. Hopefully, things are alright and not linked to the COVID-19.

Mar 22, 2003
Chicago, IL, USA
www.titanicology.com
According to the NY Times today, 06 May 2020:

>>President Trump, contradicting his comments from Tuesday, said the White House coronavirus task force would “continue on indefinitely,” though perhaps with different members... Asked why he had changed his position on keeping the task force since Tuesday, he said: “I thought we could wind it down sooner. But I had no idea how popular the task force is until actually yesterday when I started talking about winding down.”<<

The bold emphases was my doing, and I will not comment further for what should be obvious reasons.

Reactions: 1 user

Rancor

Jun 23, 2017
According to the NY Times today, 06 May 2020:

>>President Trump, contradicting his comments from Tuesday, said the White House coronavirus task force would “continue on indefinitely,” though perhaps with different members... Asked why he had changed his position on keeping the task force since Tuesday, he said: “I thought we could wind it down sooner. But I had no idea how popular the task force is until actually yesterday when I started talking about winding down.”<<

The bold emphases was my doing, and I will not comment further for what should be obvious reasons.
I do not envy your current position. Stay safe.

Reactions: 1 user

Davislaye

Jun 14, 2020
USA
There's a friend I normally chat with every night usually, and haven't heard from them in 10 days. Hopefully, things are alright and not linked to the COVID-19.
You should find a way to contact them, or you can ask them from his / her friends. The covid 19 epidemic is very dangerous, for 3 months I have not dared to drive away from home, I can only go near the area around the house when shopping for essential things

TOWER3

Jun 11, 2019
Garland, TX
The Eiffel Tower in Paris has reopened today after being closed by COVID-19 for three months, the longest closure since World War 2. Visitirs are only allowed to climb the stairs until July 1 when the elevators will reopen and only the first two levels will be open for an indefinite period of time. Strict safety protocols have been put in place with tourists ascending one pillar and descending another pillar.

TOWER3

Jun 11, 2019
Garland, TX
The Empire State Building in New York City reopened it's observatory experience, including the 86th and 102nd floor observation decks after being closed for four months by COVID-19 and a number of new safety protocols have been put in place. Only 500 people will be allowed in the Observatory space at a time, tickets are required to be bought online for a certain time for now, capacity has been reduced by 80 percent allowing for 18 feet of distancing between groups. Visitors and employees will be required to wear face masks inside, temperature checks will ensure they will be banned entry if they have a fever of over 100.4 degrees Farenheit, and visitors will follow a one way path on the observation deck. Additionally, touch screens have become automatic displays to reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 and hand sanitizing stations are seen across the Observatory space. Very good reopening by the Empire State Building that other attractions should follow.

TOWER3

Jun 11, 2019
Garland, TX
What are people allowed to go out for in Melbourne and are there checkpoints at all entry and exit points between the rest of Victoria.

Aly Jones

Dec 15, 2019
Australia
The Empire State Building in New York City reopened it's observatory experience, including the 86th and 102nd floor observation decks after being closed for four months by COVID-19 and a number of new safety protocols have been put in place. Only 500 people will be allowed in the Observatory space at a time, tickets are required to be bought online for a certain time for now, capacity has been reduced by 80 percent allowing for 18 feet of distancing between groups. Visitors and employees will be required to wear face masks inside, temperature checks will ensure they will be banned entry if they have a fever of over 100.4 degrees Farenheit, and visitors will follow a one way path on the observation deck. Additionally, touch screens have become automatic displays to reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 and hand sanitizing stations are seen across the Observatory space. Very good reopening by the Empire State Building that other attractions should follow.
Hasn't cod 19 run rampant in NY ?