The Olympic Class Ships Olympic Titanic & Britannic

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
I thoroughly enjoyed the excerpts from Mark's book in the latest Commutator - both text and accompanying images were superlative. Particularly interesting was his material on the debate within the WSL on the merits of Tuesday night arrivals. Looking forward to the next extract and the book itself (hope it's still on target for release this month!).

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Just got another email from Amazon UK about my back-order: "Our current estimate is that it will take an additional 4-6 weeks to obtain this item for you."

Dec 6, 2000
Amazon tells me that is should be delivered Oct. 5 (yesterday) or 6 (today). However, it also tells me it has not shipped yet!

Maybe they're gonna hand deliver it? ;-)

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
If what Mark posted in Titanic-Titanic is any indication, there's been another delay. Andrew Clarkson got a notice saying his order had been canceled. I haven't recieved any such, but if I do, I'll just have to re-order.

May 12, 2005
I am looking forward as much as everybody to Mark’s book. He’s not only an ambitious and talented writer but also happens to be a thorough researcher. Here’s to hoping the kinks get worked out and the book goes to press soon.

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi I have been talking to Mark recently and the book relase date was brought up in the diccussion in the email. I'll just post it here if anyone is wondering.

"The Olympic class should be out 3-4 weeks after October 6th; but I'll believe it when I see it. And then the Olympic book before Christmas, maybe mid-late November. So if anyone asks you, please let them know." - Mark Chrinside

Regards,

Nigel

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I'm also very much looking forward to Mark's book. I just hope that there are no further delays for his sake, as I know it's been very frustrating for him.

Thanks for posting that update Nigel.

Mar 28, 2002
If the copies are almost ready for release and therefore sale, how would one best proceed to buy a copy? Should we use Amazon or contact Mark direct (probably not a good idea - he's swamped I bet!)?

I'm intending to buy at least one copy for a Christmas present.

Cheers,

Boz

Steven Hall

Dec 17, 2008
Sounds like a good Christmas present.
Don't forget his "The First Of Mark's Volume Of Mark" also.
I got a signed copy for my wife for Christmas.
One very talented young man.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
I think there will be cries of joy rebounding from sea to sea when Mark's book hits the shelves (and the online sites). Sounds like some folks have had a frustrating time with the hokey-pokey messages from Amazon ("book will be ship...book will not ship...book avaiable in X weeks...book unattainable..."), but all the pre-publication buzz and Commutator excerpts indicate it's going to be worth the wait.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Latest update from Amazon uk:

"We have contacted the publishers, and they have informed us that the publication date of this title has been delayed. They now expect this book will be released 29 November, 2004, however please know this may be subject to further delays".

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Hello, Bob---

I received the same email from amazon.uk this morning, and an identical one about Mark's next book, "RMS Olympic: Titanic's Sister", also with 29 November as the anticipated release date.

Meanwhile, on other fora, I'm seeing messages (from Mark) to the effect that the "Olympic Class" book was, in fact, released last Wednesday and (from others) that copies have already started to show up in folks' mail boxes.

Curious, eh?