The passengercrew list in the back of ANTR

Beth Collins

Sep 17, 2006
I have noticed that many people first got hooked on Titanic by ANTR and I am no exception. I read it in grade school many years before "the ballad of Jack and Rose." I can race through books , but I was a bit slowed down by the compulsion to check the list everytime I encountered a person in the pages. Is he/she saved? Are they lost? I finally had a finger stuck back there to save time! Am I the only reader who did this? ( And I am not a cynic like Harry in "Harry Met Sally" who always read the ending of the book first!)I was so caught up in the story that I felt such a lift or sadness when I saw the fates of the characters. Despite the age of the book, it really is an unforgettable rendition.

I like the follow-up too and I tend to reread that one more often for some reason.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Beth, you should be aware that the passenger list in ANTR is a bit rough. The most accurate list is the one on this site.

Beth Collins

Sep 17, 2006
Thanks, Dave. Actually, I was thinking of my first experience reading the book ( in the 1970s!) and of course it was written in the 1950s. There is so much updated information here and in later books. That first reading is still a fond memory, though.