The physics of the titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sona Chaudhuri

Hi everyone! how are u? well, i'm in desperate need for help on a physics paper I am doing-on the titanic. basically i need help in understanding what happened in terms of PHYSICS during the sinking/collision on that fateful day. i know that it has to do with the center of mass shifting from the center of the boat to the side and that it has to do with archimedes principle and buoyancy. is there anything else? thank you very much for any input! if you can't, do you a good site that explains the PHYSICS of the event? thanks again!

Bill Willard

Mar 24, 2001
I did a white paper on the physics of the sinking. You can look at it if you'd like to.

Bill Willard
BA Physics, Physics Teacher

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
You may find some articles of use posted in ET Research starting HERE

You may also find it a good idea to get a copy of Knight's Modern Seamanship and/or a copy of Bowditch, The American Practical Navigator so you can get some information from standard texts as to how and why things work on a ship.

Good luck on your research.

S

Sona Chaudhuri

thank you very much, but i was also wondering if mr. willard could e-mail me ([email protected]) the paper or put it on the web, so i could access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.