The Sage Family

• Thread starter Laura Melinda Varjo
  • Start date
L

Laura Melinda Varjo

Can someone help me identify the family members of the Sage family(from left to right) in Judith Geller`s Women and Children First on page 191, if you don`t have the book, you can see them on Loni`s Titanic, it`s a website. All I can make out is Stella, Annie holding baby Thomas and John standing , no one else. Please help me to identify the members of this family, thank you, Laura.

mary mason

Aug 24, 2003
hi Laura,
i dont know if anyone actually knows, but based on their sizes, this is my guess from left to right:
frederick, constance, ada, william, stella, douglas, annie holding thomas, dorothy, frederick, and george on the horse.

i think the photo was taken around 1909 so they are all a few years younger than in 1912

L

Laura Melinda Varjo

I don`t get it-there is some quarreling that Stella made it to a lifeboat, but the rest of her family did not. How come ? I mean how come at least little Thomas, Constance, Ada, and William couldn`t get in, they were surely children-the officers couldn`t hold them back, the same for mother Annie and teenaged Dorothy. Thank you, Laura.

I

Izleta Wells

I'm doing some work for school on Dorothy Florence Sage and her family. Its pretty sad really. Apparently Stella did get a place on a lifeboat and left, they say it was because the rest of her family didn't and she wanted 2 stay with them. Annie had a fear of water, boats and may have not wanted 2 be in the life boat they say. Its awful thought how the others didn't get a spot at all. I wonder y 2!!

Nov 11, 2005
Are there any other photos of the Sage family, aside from the one mentioned above (i have that one). A closer image would be very much appreciated.

Nov 11, 2005
Alright through watching the film "Ghosts of the Abyss" Directed by James Cameron,
i have found two other portraits of members of the Sage family. One is of the father and two eldest girls, Stella and Dorothy taken around 1911, and the other of a lone photo of Thomas taken around 1910.

Does anyone have any other photos of the family? I am certain of the identity of the father and girls, but not entirely certain of the identification of young Thomas, although it is most likely him.