The Sandstroms

G

Glenna Oleson

Very informative, I've been looking for a passenger list. Was thrilled to see yours, first, second and third class, plus a crew list. I would like to research more, especially finding three passengers with my maiden name. I know my grandparents came through England from Sweden via ship also. I'd like to get more info about these three. Their names are Mrs. Hjaalmar Sandstrom (Agnes Charlotta Bengtsson), Miss Beatrice Irene Sandstrom, and Mis Marguerite Rut Sandstrom. All three survived. Incredible. Thanks again.

Glenna Oleson
Brodhead, Wisconsin

A

Ashley Zucker

It halps with this asiment that we have to do for my 7th grade classes! My teacher told me about it and it helps soo much! Do you have anymore info on Agnes Sandstrom a 3rd class member of the Titanic? is so please send it to me! Thanks!

S

Sandra Callaway

This is my first visit it this site. I didn't expect a biographpy on everyone. I am a descendent of Mrs. Hjalmar Sandstrom and her two daughters who were 3rd class passengers and survived by boarding lifeboat 13. My grandfather was a brother to her husband. I had heard stories as a child about the Titanic and my relatives but didn't pay much attention until the movie came out and I found out the stories I heard were true by researching on the internet. If any of my Swedish relatives out there reads this, I would love to hear from them. Sandra Callaway grandaughter of Anton George Sandstrom, brother of Hjalmar Sandstrom.

S

Sandra Callaway

I just typed a message and made a mistake. I am a grandaughter To Anton George Sandstrom, who is a brother to Hjalmar Sandstrom. Please correct my mistake. Thanks, Sandra Callaway.

Andrew Maheux

Dec 4, 2000
Hi, Does anyone know more about this family? They seem interesting. Do any pictures exist of them around Titanic time?

Thank You.

Andrew Maheux

Jan C. Nielsen

Dec 12, 1999
I have a picture of their house in San Francisco. Some guy reported on this board that he had a copy of an interview with Mrs. Sandstrom. I inquired about it, but never heard any more.

Arne Mjåland

Oct 21, 2001
I have the obituary about Beatrice Sandstrom from a Swedish newspaper.
Andrew and Jan and others contact me on e mail if you want more about Mrs Sandstrom. According to the obituary, the whole family Sandstrom moved back to Sweden in 1912. She lived in Motala at the time of her death.

S

Sandy Callaway

I'm new at this--please be patient with me. I am a descendant of the Sandstroms and I was surprised to see so many people interested in them. Beatrice and Marguerite Sandstrom were my mother's first cousins. Their father (Hjalmar Sandstrom was a brother to my grandfather, George Anton Sandstrom (who was born in Sweden as Anton George Sandstrom.) I grew up hearing stories of my Swedish relatives and the Titanic but was to young to appreciate the history. My mother was born after the Titanic sank and never knew her cousins. Would love to connect by e-mail with any living Swedish relatives out there.

Mike Herbold

Feb 13, 2001
Sandy:
If you read Swedish, you will have to find a copy of Claes-Goran Wetterholm's book, "Titanic". He is the gentleman pictured above with Beatrice, and he used to travel often with her to various Titanic exhibits. There were a few Sandstroms living in San Francisco around 1910-1912, but I'm not sure if they were also related to your uncle Hjalmar. I'm in San Francisco this week, and will contact you when I get home this weekend.

S

Sandy Callaway

Thank you, Mike, for the information. I don't speak or read Swedish. Grandma certainly spoke enough of it when I was a child. I'd appreciate any information you can give me.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Reactions: JessicaGalbiati
Oct 17, 2019
Young,Sk
Hey you guys this is going to sound crazy but I full reason to believe I am the reincarnation of Beatrice. I dont know if you all believe in reincarnation, but I do and had a past life dream. Here's my story.

My reincarnation dream yes I was a titanic survivor when I was a child in my past life. I was 21 years old when I had my very first reincarnation dream. I always wished I could have an amazing experience such as reincarnation dreams I asked and asked, until one night when I was least expecting it boom! you want it here it is Haha. I fell into the dream much like an Out of body experience. Frankly, I thought I was having an Out of Body experience because of how real it felt. The dream started as me but it didnt look like me now. I analyzed and saw that I was a baby girl being held too young to know what the voices were saying. I heard and saw people panicking and screaming. I remember being scared and not understanding what was going on. The tops decks were crowded. My mom held me tight we were on the second from the top deck, 3rd class passengers. My mom handed me to someone on the life boat so she could jump in. I soon found myself back into my moms arms. The boat was being lowered very slowly with a pulley right side would go down then the left on the wobbly boat. By the time we were getting close to the water the boat above us was being lowered too fast. Before long the boat was falling towards us. The boat operator quickly started cutting the rope loose to our boat. Just in time our boat was cut free and we dodged a tragic accident. We quickly traveled away from the sinking ship because the currents were pulling the life boats in with the legendary Titanic. As we got further away they stationed the boat. It was very cold cold enough to see your breath. It was loud people screaming for help. We watched as the Titanic sank and the lights flickered as it went down. Many people jumped off the ship. Soon after a while had passed it grew upsettingly quiet and darkness grew. We didn't have a lanturn to brighten our boat with so the crewman lit a rope so we had some kind of light. The life saving boat came and rescued us. Suddenly I woke up before I could even cry my boyfriend wakes up and says what's wrong. So I tell him. I spent several days trying to find out whom I was. It was when I stopped trying I had my answer. I walked into a grocery store and heard two names in my head Margarite and Beatrice. I thought to myself those are old names. Then it clicked with me and I googled it. After carefully investigating my story lined up with their stories. I was Beatrice Sandstrome in my past life she died September 3rd 1995 I was born 2 years and 3 days later exactly. Her hand writing looks exactly like mine. She ran her own business and so am I. I remember being obsessed with the 20s fancy hats like the ones Angelina Jolie wore in Changeling. I loved everything about that era the music, movies, and theater. The most ironic part is I own my own business as well and grew up loving baking and still do!

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Moderator's caution:

Please tread lightly here. Discussions of reincarnation have, albeit in the distant past, become overly heated. Be respectful of the beliefs of others, even (especially?) if you don't share them. Thanks.