The Ship That Never Sank a new thread needs your input

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
...and don't forget the ever intelligent Chinchilla...they are crafty little creatures...I am sure they had something to do with it.

John Knight

Jun 4, 2004
Ah now, chinchilla, I think they are brains behind the whole thing. Even the aliens are subordinate to them.

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
OMG...just a side note to my story. I posted this just for fun on my MySpace blog...Someone actually emailed me, asking if it was true...

That's it...I am selling it...Chinchilla and all!

Dec 23, 2004
Fact or Fiction?

remember folks- it all began long before the Titanic was even started. Morgan Robertson in Futility is the genesis of the Conspiracy theory when he invented the Titan!

You can have as much fun as you like on the fictional side and putting out more conspiracy theories but as far as reality goes there is no way that Titanic and Olympic were 'swapped'. Anybody with knowledge of shipping or shipbuilding can kill that one right away.

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
Sorry, John... I am afraid so...even the Chinchilla wasn't there...

Oh man, I broke someone's heart...I feel so awful.

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
What a way to deflate the mood of a board.

Maybe I should send the Chinchillas after him.

Someone doesn't have a sarcasm button

John Knight

Jun 4, 2004
"Maybe I should send the Chinchillas after him."
Yes, but make sure you send the comedic ones, ok?
A few chinchilla jokes and all will be well.

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
Okay, jokes over. Now I guess that we can watch this thread die again. I guess that takes the spice right out of the pie.

Does anyone have anything else to say about the book? Let's see: citations are taken out of context, Gardiner places fault on Bride and Lightoller and goes so far as to call them liars, picture proof is circumstantial at best.

Have I left anything out?

John Knight

Jun 4, 2004
"It is good fiction, though. Just don't buy into it."

Exactly, hence the way the thread went before.
There is as much chance of Titanic being switched with the Olympic as there is anything 'silly' that has been posted, being true.
You can write a book about any subject you like, and claim you are right, you can point to certain things to back you up, that's easy.
Anyone who actually believes the ships were switched, answer me this;
Why not just arrange an accident to the Olympic? Why go through trying to swap her with the Titanic with ALL the risks, ALL those changes, that you'd have to deal with?

That's just for starters.

How about a couple of thoughts to finish with; One person tried to tell me that insurance had been refused on the Olympic because of the Hawke incident.But they forgot that both ships were at sea, with passengers, on the night of the sinking.

What about the yard number 401 on the propeller of the ship lying at the bottom of the Atlantic? Don't tell me that was changed too. If you want to say it was, then answer me this; Why bother changing it? after all the ship was going to have an accident and sink in thousands of feet of water. It was a long, long time before mankind could venture that deep to take photos.

Too many holes, too many variables. I rather think aliens etc being involved hold just as much water as the switch theory.
Regards.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Why not just arrange an accident to the Olympic?<<

In one fashion or another, that's a point I've been making for years. For insurance fraud, all you need is the constructive total loss of the vessel. No switches needed.