The Ships Log

Kyle Stewart

Jul 18, 2002
Do you think we will ever find the ships log? Cause I would think it would give more insight of what happen those finally days. Does anyone agree with me that we will find it.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Do you think we will ever find the ships log?<<

Nope. I don't think the formal log in and of itself would be all that useful in any event. The "Holy Grail" of a lot of technical/forensics researchers would not be the formal log but the scrap log as it would have had information current to the events itself and without any filters. Sadly, the best evidence would tend to indicate that both went down with the ship.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.

Jul 9, 2002
Regarding the Ships Log....I think I remember reading a while ago that someone had been busted in the process of forging a ships log from Titanic. Much like the fakes of Hitler's diary and the Maybrick/JTR Diary. Anyone else heard of this or was I having a weird dream??

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Anyone else heard of this or was I having a weird dream??<<

Haven't heard of it, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. The human capacity for deception is nothing if not astonishing in just how far it'll go. Forging documents, inscriptions, engravings and artwork with ties to historical events is a booming cottage industry, and often a very lucrative one.

Brad Rousse

Nov 27, 2002
Prague, Czech Rep.
I highly doubt it. As others have said, the log went down with the Titanic. It was almost assuredly swept out of the ship during the descent and breakup of the bridge, and is probably buried in sediment somewhere within range of the wreck.