"The Titanic Book Club"

Seumas

Seumas

Does anyone know anything about this new website that is gradually getting up and running ? Anyone in touch with the owners ?

It does seem a very interesting and worthwhile project.

Two things however.

The website needs to be more user friendly and has a couple of dead ends. Forget fancy menus, graphics and things like that, less is more, keep it nice and simple.

There still aren't any book reviews up, which after all is the main point of the site. Half a dozen reviews of recently released titles would be a good way to kick things off.

What was great to read on their website was the interviews with several noted Titanic authors. Indeed, Paul Lee in his interview teases a new discovery for later this year !

Reactions: Milos Grkovic, Cam Houseman, Titanic Book Club and 4 others
Jason D. Tiller

Jason D. Tiller

Staff member
A majority of the authors listed are well respected and appreciated, in the community.

Reactions: Cam Houseman and Titanic Book Club
Dan Parkes

Dan Parkes

Seumas - it is primarily run as a Facebook Group by Jill Carlier (Titanic Book Club), so if you are on FaceBook you can contact her there, as I am sure your feedback would be helpful. It is also where most of the reviews are at present, as well as in the monthly newsletter that is sent out. It is certainly a worthy endeavour and I agee, anything that Paul Lee is working on is always of interest!

Reactions: Titanic Book Club
Titanic Book Club

Titanic Book Club

Seumas, are you saying you'd like to help? That would be wonderful! I've never built a website before so it's all trial and error! Email me at [email protected]

Jill Carlier

Seumas

Seumas

Seumas, are you saying you'd like to help? That would be wonderful! I've never built a website before so it's all trial and error! Email me at [email protected]

Jill Carlier
Sorry, that is a very kind invitation, but I cannot help as I do not have the required skills to build a website nor do I have any "contacts" in the Titanic community.

I'm just an ordinary chap with an interest in the subject and do not for one moment claim to have any great knowledge.

Best of luck with the website.

Reactions: Cam Houseman
Titanic Book Club

Titanic Book Club

Sorry, that is a very kind invitation, but I cannot help as I do not have the required skills to build a website nor do I have any "contacts" in the Titanic community.

I'm just an ordinary chap with an interest in the subject and do not for one moment claim to have any great knowledge.

Best of luck with the website.
But, you seem to have great ideas! Great ideas don't require website making abilities! What are you thoughts and ideas? I would love to hear them!

Jill

Reactions: Clifford Ismay and Cam Houseman
Titanic Book Club

Titanic Book Club

If anyone can offer advice or let me know where the dead links are... id be so grateful!!

Laura J

Laura J

If anyone can offer advice or let me know where the dead links are... id be so grateful!!
Hi, I wrote you a few weeks ago using the contact page on your website, but never got a reply. maybe you never received my message. Is it better to write to you on Facebook? Or can I use the address you provided here?