The Watch that Ends the Night Voices from the Titanic

Allan Wolf

Mar 11, 2007
Asheville, NC
This is to announce that my book, The Watch that Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic (Candlewick Press) is now available. It is a Young Adult novel in verse presented in 24 voices including Frankie Goldsmith, E.J. SMith, John Hume, John Snow (the Halifax undertaker), Jamila Nicola-Yarred, Margaret Brown, Harold Lowe, Harold Bride, and many more, including a ship rat and the iceberg itself. It is also available as an audio book from Brilliance Audio, read in character by five professional actors. I worked on this book for about five years, and ET was a valuable resource the whole way. I wanted to put this personal posting here to show my appreciation, and also to ask forgiveness in advance for any historical details I may have gotten wrong. (I'll make corrections in later editions and I'll be setting up a page on my website to list any corrections as needed). Although this is marketed as a "young adult" book, it should be a very compelling read for adults as well. All best.

Allan Wolf

Mar 11, 2007
Asheville, NC
Thanks, Jason. The book is available through any bookstore and any on-line source. The release date may be slightly later in the UK and Australia, but it should be available there very soon, (in time for holiday shopping) if not already.

Allan Wolf

Mar 11, 2007
Asheville, NC
The book and audio book are both available at Amazon Canada, so I assume you should be able to order it through any brick-and-mortar Canadian bookstore. Typically my books with Candlewick Press have been released simultaneously in the US and Canada (it's just considered the "North American" market). You should have no problem.

Anna Simpson

Jun 29, 2012
I am reading this amazing book for the 3rd time. I agree with Jonathon. This book is the best fiction work I've ever read!

J Burdette

Dec 30, 2011
For someone who doesn't care for reading stories in verse I found this book was quite delightful.