1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Whitewash - Behind Closed Doors

Discussion in 'British Inquiry' started by Aaron_2016, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Aaron_2016

Aaron_2016 Member

Do you believe there was a real attempt to whitewash and steer the findings of the Inquiry in favour of the company and especially the Board of Trade who were conducting the Inquiry? Britain was competing with Germany and I often wonder how damaging it would have been if the company was found guilty of negligent steering and the effects it would have on British shipbuilding if they had confirmed that the safest liner in the world and last word in British ship design had broken in two on her maiden voyage. It would probably tip the balance and make German shipbuilding more supreme especially in the eyes of future investors which may have held a key role in the preparations for war.

Here is a video I put together to get an idea of what it may have been like 'behind closed doors' from various TV dramas.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Peggy Skolnick and Philip Hind like this.
  2. Kyle Naber

Kyle Naber Member

I believe that the people who weren't able to see the break or weren't paying enough attention assumed she had went down whole and couldn't find any reason why it would have broken, so they testified their intact story.

3. Jim Currie

Jim Currie Member

No! However, I do believe there was conspiracy and collusion between the US Senate and the UK Government.