The Worst Titanic Movie Scene EVER

JMGraber

Apr 22, 2012
Anything with George C. Scott in it must be in the top 20 or 30 of a list of 100 bad Titanic scenes. However, I will ask you guys what was Scott's worst scene in that mini-series.

May 3, 2005
This is an old thread that has been inactive for over 5 years now, but just out of curiosity I thought I would do a review of the 1943 German Nazi Propaganda "Titanic" and the 1929 "Atlantic".
If you watch these movies closely, you can see parts of these movies copied in later movies.
These have been noted on other posts.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 14, 2005
I think it was on the Titanic Channel segment about the Nazi version that said the version that is around today is an edited version of the movie by the russians that was shown to the east germans after WW2. Do you know if this is true or that if the original version exists somewhere? They said that parts were edited out that didn't align with soviet/communist beliefs.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Here's what Wikipedia has to say.

Titanic was re-discovered in 1949, but was quickly banned in most western countries. Shortly after the war, the film, dubbed in Russian, was screened across the Eastern Bloc as a "trophy film." After the 1950s, Titanic went back into obscurity, sometimes showing on German television. In 1992, a censored, low quality VHS version was released in Germany. This version deleted the strongest propaganda scenes, watering down its controversial content. Finally, in 2005, Titanic was completely restored and, for the first time, the uncensored version was released in a special edition DVD by Kino Video.

So it was censored by the Germans quite recently. It's worth seeing, if only for Madeleine Astor's hat. (And the striptease).

Mar 18, 2008
Germany
The version we have now on DVD had a few scene more. I remember that in the early 1990s when it was often running on TV it was a "shorted" version. I think it was about mid 1990s when they had it first time with some of the removed scenes included (like the orchestra playing "god save the king" after Ismay announced they were doing 26 knots or the inquiry at the end of the movie). However there are still scenes missing not sure if they were filmed and did not made them in the final cut or they were not put back.

Nov 14, 2005
Dave, loannis thanks for the information. I'll look for the restored version version. I have never seen the whole movie, only clips.

Mike Spooner

Jan 31, 2018
The Raising of Titanic film was way of course. But one thing I thought was very good was the model of the ship. The ship did go one better than Titanic by arriving in New York!
My opinion the Jack and Rose must be the worst story of all Titanic films.

Kas01

May 24, 2018
One scene I'm glad they cut from the final film was this little gem. Way to kill the mood, Cameron.

Nov 14, 2005
This is an old thread that has been inactive for over 5 years now, but just out of curiosity I thought I would do a review of the 1943 German Nazi Propaganda "Titanic" and the 1929 "Atlantic".
If you watch these movies closely, you can see parts of these movies copied in later movies.
These have been noted on other posts.
I finally watched the who movie. Its up on Youtube still. It was actually better than I thought it would be. Historical accuracy was pretty bad but the sub-plots were entertaining i.e. JJ Astor's plot to take over the White Star line. I saw at least two scenes in this movie that J. Cameron probably copied. Overall it was worth the watch.

B-rad

Jul 1, 2015
Tacoma, WA
Its not out yet but the Vr experience has fleet and Lee not looking like them with modern hip 5 o'clock shadows and haircuts...

Rob Lawes

Jun 13, 2012
England
The Raising of Titanic film was way of course. But one thing I thought was very good was the model of the ship. The ship did go one better than Titanic by arriving in New York!
Raise the Titanic was filmed in the waters off Malta and for many years the Titanic model they used sat in a corner of the Malta film studios and was just about visible from passing boats. Sadly I don't think it's there any more.

Edit: actually, it looks like its still there but they've moved it.

Google Maps

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Little late for this, too.
In looking over reviews and comments on the 1953 "Titanic" it seems that everyone but those on the Titanic forums on this website thought the movie was great, mainly due to the acting of Webb and Stanwyck.
There was little or no mention of historical accuracy.