Thinking of another book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Foecke

Jul 16, 2003
With the imminent release of the current book (www.csititanic.com - sorry, couldn't resist a plug), I was mulling over my other idea. I've given dozens of talks to school groups, and I've gotten dozens and dozens of good questions, many of them over and over. I write the questions down after the talk, and more often than not I get a pile of letters from the kids with questions they write once they get back to class. (Oh, how I wish I still had that big piece of the ship to bring along - the kids go CRAZY touching it). I was thinking about a kid's book with all these questions, only with the time and space to fully explain things with pictures and diagrams.

Thoughts?

Tim

Ben Lemmon

Feb 6, 2008
Tim,
That sounds pretty cool. If you did publish this book, I'd definitely buy it for my kids . . . er, that is when I am a father.
happy.gif
. But anyway, I think you should go for it. I could tell my kids, I helped encourage this author to publish this book. That would be cool, don't you think?

Ben Lemmon

Feb 6, 2008
Well . . . ahem . . . that *might* work for a title. I don't think I have ever heard that one before. Hey I have a question. Would "Titanic: The Ship of Lost Dreams" work for a title? Have you ever heard of that name before?? I want to write a story, and I am making sure I am not plagiarizing anyone.

May 27, 2007
Great Idea Tim.

Ben it kind of sounds like Titanic: End Of A Dream by Wyn Craig Wade. Maybe you can put dream first and work out something else like The Ship of Lost Dreams: A Story Of RMS Titanic or something like that. The most Haunting title I ever heard in connection with Titanic didn't even have Titanic in the title but was called A Psalm At Journey's End which was a novel about the ships band. Instead of thinking about the ship think about the people in your story or what their trying to accomplish or that follows the thread of your story.

Ben Lemmon

Feb 6, 2008
Hmmm . . . how about Titanic: The Sinkable Ship, or The Ship of Lost Dreams: A Child's Story? Anyone who has seen "Titanic" will know the reference at the beginning. Maybe "Titanic: the Unforgettable Voyage"? Which one do you like the most. By the way, how do you make the italics??

May 27, 2007
It works. How about MC's Voyage or Journey. I was thinking of Danse Macabre but it been done so many times. I was going to call mine Through A Dark Glass a play on works of Alice In Wonderland's Through The Looking Glass. Of course it was the journey that caught me. Love your new sig by the way. Try thinking about the night the ship sunk and how divorced it was from the rest of the voyage.

Status
Not open for further replies.