Thomas Andrews action figure with the kung fu grip

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Why, Tarn? Are you thinking of staging an Andrews vs Ismay: To the Death! battle in the sandpit
happy.gif

I remember a Captain Smith doll...

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Now there's an idea with commercial potential, Inger. "Titanic action figure sets - perform your own battles". Sets could include Lowe and Ismay and of course Molly Brown and Hitchens. Any other suitable pairings?

Feb 14, 2011
Too bad there was no Stanley Lord action figure..you could team him up with Rostron to fight Ismay and Andrews..

Tarn Stephanos

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Well, if you want to match Lord with somebody, try either Senator Smith and/or Lord Mersey. He didn't have such a good time with either of them.

Or better yet, Senator Smith vs. J.P. Morgan. We know how much they loved each other. <sarc>

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Are those the dolls manufactured by Exclusive Toy Products, Inc.? I have the Thomas Andrews and Capt. Smith dolls and would like to add Molly to my collection. I know there was a J.J. Astor doll as well. Yes, I know it's currently on Ebay, and if you all don't mind, I'd like to keep the bids at bay and maybe snatch it up myself. The kids love dolls, and it enables me to tell the real story about Col. Astor when they have a visual to keep them focused.

Kyrila

S

Susan L. Romanyuk

You have to have a 'Smith vs Ismay' slugfest to see who wins and gets to captain the Titanic! The tagline: Captain Smith and Bruce Ismay square off to see who actually gets to command Titanic to her destination! Sorry that was tasteless but I could not resist.

S

Susan Leighton

I hope you get it Kyrila. I know it would be very helpful to your project. I sure do admire your dedication and I am so proud of what you are doing. Keep up the good work!!
Susan Y. Leighton

Jul 7, 2002
Prepare to be appalled!

Collectibles Online has a Titanic section. To see pictures of the Thomas Andrews, Capt. Smith, and Jack Phillips dolls go to:

http://www.collectibleonline.com/titanic_dolls.htm

Even worse is The Leviathan Studios Custom Action Figure Collection which includes a Thomas Andrews made from a Miles O'Brien figure [from Star Trek: Deep Space 9]. He's not wearing a Starfleet uniform, of course! He's wearing:

>Costume is the shirt, pants, and cummerbund from an Exclusive Premiere "George Burns" "Happy 95th Birthday" figure, with
>the Morning Coat from Exclusive Premiere's "Grandpa Munster."

To see a picture go to:

http://www.leviathanstudios.com/figures/andrews/

I can't believe people make, sell, or buy this awful stuff!

Best wishes,

Cathy

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Actually not a bad likeness to the actor who played Andrews in Cameron's epic. The costume, however, is clearly left over from The Incredible Shrinking Man

T

Tom Pappas

Ah, yes - the E.J. Smith inaction figure. They could do Stanley Lord, too!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Sha-Zamm! The prices they are asking for those dolls! Glad I got the cheaper ones, even though their costumes are like the "incredible shrinking man" as well, but at least it was peanuts compared to these prices. The faces on mine look more like the historic person, too.

Kyrila

Jul 12, 2003
Was there ever a "Rose" version of a Barbie doll? Barbie seems to be emulating so many famous figures and movie characters nowadays.