Thomas Andrews' family

C

Chris Hansen

Belfast's Own is a WONDEFUL book about the shipyards in Belfast, the building of the Titanic, and the general subject of the Edwardian era shipbuilding in general.

It has photos of the yards taken to document the look of the shipyard after it was rebuilt following a devistating fire. They've got a little of everything in there, including that quasi-famous picture of Andrews with the notes stuffed in his pocket.

Roselle --- words from a fellow author in the Titanic field ---- Go For It! We NEED a story like that!

Chris

Roselle Zubey

Apr 15, 2012
Dave and Chris-Thanks for the tips about the books. I have read both Shipbuilders to the World and Titanic Belfast's Own. I was thinking about purchasing Titanic Belfast's Own even though I read it at the library in New York City. Your good words about that book now confirmed for me that I will purchase it and use that as the basis for what I say about Edward Wilding in my book.

Also Chris thanks for the words of encouragement. They mean a lot when things get tough.

Roselle

S

Serena

To Roselle:
Great idea to write a book about the builders of the Titanic.I don´t know if I can help you,but I´ve collected information about the Titanic(especially Belfast,Harland and Wolff and Thomas Andrews)for 6 years.If you are interested,please contact me:
edw@gmx.net

K

Kathleen Ryan

Strange question here:

I heard the other day that Stephen Cameron, the author of "Belfast's Own" is now writing a book about Thomas Andrews? Is this true? If so, is it going to be similar to Shan Bullock's book from 1912?

Thanks

S

Serena

Yes,it´s true,but the book won´t be published until fall.The book will (I hope) include many new photos and a lot of new information.

C

Chris Hansen

I have to correct myself here for a second. When we were talking about "belfast's own" (which is a great book, by the way) I was actually discribing another book all together, with the photographs of Harland and Wolff after the fire and the photo of Andrews (which, I do believe, is in Belfast's Own too). The book I was discribing was actually "The Birth of the Titanic". I have too many books on this stuff.

Again, my apoligies.

C

Chris Hansen

I'm asking on behalf of a fellow researcher, but I am myself curious.

Helen Andrews married Henry Pierson Harland, that much I do know. But, when did they marry? All I can find is "some time" after Thomas' death.

Additionally, when did Harry Harland die? I know it was prior to 1966, when Helen herself died.

Any assistance in this area would be greatly appreciated.

JHPravatiner

Nov 2, 2001
Harry Harland? I'm not up to snuff on Andrews, I'm afraid, so I have to ask...connected in any way to Harland and Wolff, or did Helen become shipbuilder-shy, so to speak, after the disaster?

C

Chris Hansen

> Harry Harland was one of the "Harland and Wolff" Harlands... a nephew, as I > recall. He and Helen married in 1916 or 1917. A friend of mine speculated > that she and Harland were having an affair before Andrews' death, but I > myself doubt it. I think it was more of a widow finding comfort with a > family friend, and comfort moved to love and/or marriage.

Mauro Zungri

Nov 2, 2004
Somebody can assure that it was of the life of the daughter of Mr. Andrews. I have that living in Kenya and death in safari

Aug 19, 2006
Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of Helen Barbour Andrews' 1966 obituary or know where I might obtain same? Thanks so much.

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted as a separate thread under a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]

Kelly Tryon

Dec 3, 2006
I was wondering if any one knew any information pertaining to Thomas Andrews' daughter. I know she was less than 2 years old when her father died, and I have heard she died in a car accident. I have also heard she had been to Kenya. But of some of this information, I cannot be sure if it's all true.

If anyone knows where I could find a picture of her, I would appreciate it. Some girl and I were wondering about what she looked like, and we haven't been able to find a picture of her as an adult.

If anyone knows any information, please share. I'm just a bit curious about this one thing today. I tend to come up with a new thing to look up everyday.

Thanks.

---Kelly.

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted as a separate thread, has been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]

Mar 3, 2010
What ever happened to his wife and daughter. I heard they moved to Africa, and were never seen again. But, that story seems a bit far-fetched.

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally a separate thread in a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing Andrews' family. MAB]

Mar 3, 2010
What happened to them, his wife and daughter, that is.

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally a separate thread in a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing Andrews' family. MAB]

Mar 3, 2010
What happened to his wife and daughter, after Titanic sank?