Thomas Hardy Poem Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
Has anyone ever read or heard the poem by Thomas Hardy, "The Convergence of the Twain" about the loss of the Titanic? It is very poignant and can be heard on the Rhino recording of the White Star Orchestra: Music as Heard On the Fateful Voyage.

The musical selections on the CD include, "The White Star March", "In the Shadows", "The Merry Widow Waltz", "Destiny", and many more ragtime tunes.

Aug 29, 2000
Susan- yes, we have discussed this poem often on some of the archived threads under Titanic poetry. It does truly capture the vision most of us have of her "stilly couched" in the abyss.

Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
Thanks, Shelley. I am still a "Newbie" on this board, guess I will check out the archives.

Cheers!

Jenn Medeiros

Jul 13, 2006
i have that CD, it is with the White Star March, Glow Worm, Shine On Harvest Moon, Destine Waltz. Am I the only person here thats not from England?

Jenn Medeiros

Jul 13, 2006
never mind. but wait isn' t this a british website? like the people who made it. are British, you can tell by the spellings.

Feb 9, 2006
I really love that poem, it's the only Titanic poem I have ever read that I think it really great. There are a few of those overblown, just dreadful ones, that I know have been discussed here now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.