Thomas Quinn Senior and his son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2006
My great, great grandfather was Mr Thomas Quinn who was on the Lusitania when it sank. His son was also on his first voyage and was also called Thomas Quinn. Grandfather was one of the witnesses in the crows nest who saw evidence of the torpedo coming towards the ship. Unfortunately, when the ship began to sink, Grandfather called to his son to follow him but being a young lad and with the bravado of youth he went the other way and perished. Thomas Quinn Senior came from St John, New Brunswick in Canada. Thomas Quinn Junior when down to the wharf on his first voyage. His sister, who was my grandmother begged with him not to go and to distract his sister, he grabbed her favourite doll and threw it in the opposite direction. His sister ran after the doll and as she did, Thomas quickly boarded the ship.

rob scott

May 4, 2004
sorry the family lost young Tho. Quinn- he would have made a nice uncle for your greatgrands
sad.gif

I flipped over to read about them, on the Lusitania Resource - Tho. John Quinn shows as 'able seaman' with the deck crew, and young Tho Quinn was 'boatswains boy', age 17.
Hope that Tho. John Quinn could deal with losing his son, and had a full life afterwards: returned to Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.