THS Collectables

M

Matt Pereira

Is the Turbine room clock a good investment? Also it looks to be like what would have been in the turbine room as far as the clock`s appearance goes am I right about that or is that just a novelty clock that says all the information in a package to look orignal

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Presumably you mean this:

http://www.store.yahoo.com/irishop/titanicclock.html

It's an overpriced novelty item with zero investment potential. In reality, the shipbuilders bought equipment like this 'off the shelf', and they would have been marked only with the manufacturer's name. The engine room crew didn't need to be reminded what ship they were on, or which line they worked for, or that they were in the turbine room. If they had any doubts about that, the presence of the turbines provided a good clue! So it's not an 'authentic replica' as claimed. If you like the look of it, shop around and you might find a genuine 1912 clock for the same sort of price.

M

Matt Pereira

I figured cause I had my doubts about it having the name of the vessle but then again some equipment had id to them but most i beleive would be the 401 number. But the link you posted that is a cheaper price the one from THS they want 99.95 for one, and the link you posted is for 68.98. I just was seeking something that would look good and be good investment collectables for use in a display that im setting up im in no rush im planing on getting everything done no later than 2010