THS Commutator

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Hello all..
I was just wondering is there anyone else here that is a member of THS and hasn't gotten a Commutator in some time? What gives? I don't think I've gotten a copy now in about four months or so. My membership is still active. Or at least I should be renewing it about now. It seems as if its been forever since I last got an issue. Sincerely, Melissa

Rob Ottmers

Feb 8, 2001
Hello Melissa,

Within the past couple of weeks I've received the newest Commutator (Vol 26., No. 160). You might want to contact THS if you're missing an issue prior to that.

Regards,

Jan 5, 2001
Hi Rob!

Was the No. 160 issue within the last fortnight? I haven't had mine yet, have any other UK members?

Best,

Mark.

Rob Ottmers

Feb 8, 2001
Greetings Mark,

Yes, this is the latest issue I've received from THS. It arrived about a week or so ago.

TCOM,

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Thanks Rob & Mark.. I guess I'll just have to be on the watch for it.. Sincerely, Melissa K.

Nov 22, 2000
I'm wondering if THS are having the same problems that I at the BTS have encountered over overseas mail. Bulk Trans-Atlantic postings are going horribly wrong somewhere along the line.

Geoff

M

Melissa E. Kalson

Hi all..
I was wondering if anyone had yet received their Commutators. I am sure that my subscription has expired by now but I still have not received any Commutators since late last year. So what gives? I emailed them and got no answer so I'll try here and if no one knows what's up with THS I'll have to write a snail mail. I'm behind by at least two issues prior to my subscription lapsing. I would like to renew that as well but haven't gotten a renewal notice. Sincerely, Melissa K.

Deborah Kogan

Jan 29, 2003
They are up to #160, the most recent issue. The November issue #159 had a piece of paper in it with the renewal info on it. If you didn't get an issue since the one right before it, that's why you haven't had a renewal notice; it wasn't mailed separately... Maybe #159 was lost in the mail...

T

Trent Pheifer

Is there anywhere you can go to look at past issues of the Titanic Commutator? Back to when it first was founded? Thanks for aany help!

-Trent

Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
Hi, I am a new 'Bronze' member of the THS, can't wait to get my first issue of the Commutator!

When was the latest issue published?

Cheers
happy.gif

Susan

Susan Alby

Oct 22, 2004
After joining a week ago, I was delighted to find all THREE issues of the 'Communtator' in my mail box, including 'Ghosts of the Abyss' (special issue #165) Outakes Part 3. I am very pleased with the superb quality and the pictures are fascinating to look at. You can't find all this stuff on a computer
happy.gif

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
It is indeed a great publication, Susan - and I was also delighted with the prompt response from the THS I received when I rejoined online after moving last year! Mark's articles were absolute standouts in the recent issues.

George Heiss

Aug 1, 2005
NY
Hello All,

I never been a THS member, but I am curious about their Titanic Commutator magazine. Apparently the magazine has been around for a while, but I have not come across scans of a magazine. So I figured if anyone would know better it would be you guys here at ET. So overall, how is this magazine? Is the information pretty useful? What could I expect from the magazine? Just about any information on the magazine I am interested in.

Thank you,

Geo

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I'll second that. Just to add to Mike's post, I think it's the one of the best magazines you will come across, when it comes to research regarding Titanic, her passengers and crew, plus information on other ships as well. Some well noted researchers publish articles in the Commutator from time to time, including ones that hang out here.

Mar 15, 2001
Congratulations Randy on your newest article about Lady Duff Gordon just published in the Titanic Commutator. Its such a wonderful article that honors the memory of this famous dress designer. Lady Duff Gordon or Lucile if you please, would seem to fit into todays world of risque styles rather than the turn of the century. She was ahead of the times in so many ways. Thanks for sharing your abundant knowledge on this grand dame.