THS Convention 2002

Jul 10, 2005
Thought I would pass this along for those that are interested. I was born in Lynn, Mass so it might be fun for me to go and visit and get to meet Don Lynch for the kicker.

Cheers,

Beverly

TITANIC 90 YEARS ON WEEKEND

A FANTASTIC TITANIC
WEEKEND COMING!!

The Most Famous Tragedy at Sea of All Time.
The Most Successful Film the World Has Ever Seen.
Experience Every Second of Adventure and Witness Every Minute of Courage Past and Present by one of the World's Foremost Authorities on Titanic.

TITANIC 90 YEARS
ON WEEKEND APRIL 13 & 14, 2002

Featuring “TITANIC, GHOST OF THE ABYSS”
By International Author & THS Historian Don Lynch

Author and Historian Don Lynch participated in James Cameron's recent expedition to Titanic as historian for the project. For several weeks during the summer of 2001, he dove to the wreck and you'll experience every mesmerizing second of his adventure. His talk illustrates sensational scenes of the famous ship not previously explored. Cameron was filming a Three-Dimensional, High Definition, Large Format documentary about the wreck, and through the use of robotic cameras specifically developed for this expedition, was able to obtain footage deep inside the ship, down to E deck in the passenger areas and to the Lower Orlop deck in the cargo hold, locations and depths not seen by anyone since 1912!

Don Lynch was also the historian for Cameron's block-buster feature film, "TITANIC" (right, on the movie set's Grand Staircase); he is the author of the New York Times best-seller "Titanic, An Illustrated History," is the official Historian for The Titanic Historical Society, and he is one of the world's leading experts on the sinking of the Titanic.

TITANIC 90 YEARS ON WEEKEND
Dinner and a Show: Full Course Gourmet Dinner and Don Lynch's Spectacular Titanic Programme
Book Fair at the Titanic Museum
Book Signing
Refreshments Served
Remembrance Programme at Springfield Cemetery at gravesite of Titanic First Class Passenger Milton Long and for Those Lost at Sea.

The Titanic Historical Society & The Titanic Museum are pleased to present International Author & THS Historian Don Lynch

Tickets
(all activities) $75.00 each
SAVE $10.00!!
Order before before 1 February 2002 $65.00 each.

Profits Benefit the
Titanic Museum Project

Send to:
The Titanic Historical Society, Inc
PO Box 51053, Indian Orchard MA 01151 USA
Telephone: (413) 543 1891 or 543 4770

Checks or credit cards
(VISA or Mastercard) payable to
The Titanic Historical Society, Inc.

For convenience order online: titanicinfo@titanic1.org (Tickets will be sent to you by return mail.)

Contact: Greater Springfield Visitors Guide for maps, accommodations, etc. http://www.valleyvisitor.com

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi Beverly,

I'm going to this as well!

It's looks like a great event and I'm looking forward to meeting Don Lynch!

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Dave Hudson

Apr 15, 2011
Beverly,

I'm hoping to make it out there and I'm really gonna try! I hope I hope I hope!!! My parents are really into the "preparing for the future" thing right now. Hmmmm.... there ARE some interesting colleges to visit in New England...and mid April WOULD be a wonderful time of year to go...
Ah HA!!!
Must go!
Much negotiating and sucking up to do!!!

happy.gif

David