THS Convention April2629 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason D. Tiller

Hi Eric,

I just checked my copy of Titanic: An Illustrated History and I actually have seen that lithograph before but, I didn't realize it was the one Lars was talking about and that it is called The Greatest Work of Man.

You are correct, it does appear in The Discovery of the Titanic on page 10 which I just checked as well. That's interesting that it is Ken's favourite because it's also my favourite as well. Thank you for the information. Are you attending the THS convention later this month?

Lars, I realized after my earlier post to you that you've probably ordered that painting from the THS as I checked one of my latest Commutators and it's listed their.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

Hi, Jason:

Glad I could help. No, I won't be going to the THS convention this month. I think my foray to the Springfield convention a few years ago might have been my last one. There are so many research trips I need to take that I can't justify the expense or the time to do another THS convention.

Eric Sauder

Jason D. Tiller

Hi Eric,

That's too bad that you won't be going to the THS convention this month. I'm just curious about something..I've noticed in previous Commutators that one of the Techinical Consultants listed was Bill Sauder, I've also noticed his name here on the board and as the Historical Advisor for the game Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time. I'm assuming he is related to you...correct?

Are you in touch with Don Lynch at all? If you are, do you know by chance if he is going to the convention?

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif

The THS Halifax Convention was truly "An Event to Remember". We had a great set of speakers, from the Halifax Centers, a wonderful time visiting the Maritime Museum (the deck chair replica is great to recline in), and an awesome city tour, even if one of the coaches gave out on us. At least "The Carpathia" was there to rescue us; just ask all of us "crowded aboard".

Not even the rain on Friday could dampen our spirits, especially when we visited the bell memorial to the 1917 Mont Blanc-Imo collision/explosion, and the three cemeteries where the Titanic victims were buried. You won't believe, however, our rather unique means of entry into the Baron de Hirsch Cemetery.

Sunday's trip to Terrence Bay and Peggy's Cove was great, and we paid our respects to the victims of the 1873 Atlantic wreck, with tributes at both the nearby Catholic and Anglican cemeteries, and a wonderful lunch at the Sou'Western, in Peggy's Cove.

The Convention is a great place to see old friends, make new ones, and enjoy each others company.
Thanks, especially, Clark, Henry, Joe, and Jason. With luck, we can get together, next year in Cobh.

Sincerely,
John Clifford

Jason D. Tiller

Awww John, my friend you beat me to it!!
happy.gif
This was a wonderful Convention and I'll never ever forget it. There were about 120-130 people attending. There were people from the States, England, and one gentleman came all the way from Australia. I was the only Canadian there!

We stayed in a beautiful hotel right on the waterfront. The food was wonderful and so was everybody's company. Seeing the three Cemeteries where the Titanic victims are buried was a real dream come true for me. Visiting those graves made me realize the full magnitude of the disaster. It was a real pleasure to meet John at the Convention. He's a really nice guy and wonderful to talk to.

I made four good friends at the Convention and John is one of them. Hopefully we can get together in Cobh, next year.

Best regards,

Jason
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.