Time Tunnel episode

kevin johnson

Apr 2, 2005
the time tunnel series had of the scientists tony newman landing on the Titanic and trying to convince the captain it was going to sink

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
You recall corerectly Bill. I saw it as a child. Curiously enough, even though the series has been rerun several times on the Sci-Fi Channel, I've never seen the whole episode. I remember some of the exterior shots though. They looked like they were taken form the Titanic movie with Clifton Webb and Barbera Stanwyck.

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Jul 29, 2001
I used to love that series, and like Michael saw it as a kid (it was aired in England too).

There's at least one web page dedicated to it, the one I saw recently having this reference:

http://www.iann.net/timetunnel/episodes.htm

(The "iann" stands for "Irwin Allen News Network" - Irwin Allen certainly made some great classic TV series as well as his memorable films)

There are a few "stills" from the Titanic episode on the website.

best wishes and Happy Easter,

bob

kevin johnson

Apr 2, 2005
their bringing it back trying to figure which
company has the best pilot either going with the
original book or remake of the series

Dec 6, 2000
Gee, thanks, Mike and Bob - for making me feel like an old fart! I saw that first episode of "Time Tunnel" when I was in my mid-teens!

(I always was - and still am - a sucker for time travel stories!)

Kate Bortner

May 17, 2001
As I've said before, I saw that Time Tunnel episode when I was about 6 and it changed my life. Then I read ANTR and there was no turning back. I've been emotionally and intellectually connected to the Titanic disaster ever since.. .
-kate.

Jan 29, 2001
Evening:

I also loved the "TIME TUNNEL", even picked up a signed 8 x 10 of Darin at a yard sale for $5.00.

The TITANIC episode, "Rendezvous With Yesterday" featured a familar Captain to some...he also piloted the craft which landed in D.C., and "THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL".

I only wish I still had the VIEW MASTER and the reels of that particular TIME TUNNEL (TITANIC) episode.

Michael A. Cundiff
USA

S

sharon rutman

Wow, talk about kindred spirits, Kate. I also saw that first Time Tunnel episode when I was ten and then promptly went to the library to take out A Night To Remember. The rest is history.

R

RICHARD KEITH MASON

Good Morning!

Thanks to all of you for the information
you've shared regarding my question. like
many of you, the "Time Tunnel" was my
favorite show. And Micheal Rennie was my
favorite actor. What a shame he died so
early in 1971 at age 62. Do any of you
think maybe that the "Night Gallery"
episode called "Lone Survivor" will one
day show up on the Sci-Fi Channel? That's
another one I'd love to get!

Have a good day.......All of you1

S

sharon rutman

I always thought it was such a shame that Time Tunnel never had the chance to fully develop into a really first rate Sci-Fi show. That's why I try not to get too attached to any TV show-everything I like gets cancelled pronto!!

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
Hey Richard,
I think the episode "Lone Survivor" is a Twilight Zone episode!
I look for it all the time on the Sci-Fi channel!!!
It is based on Frank "Lucks" Towers experiances on the Empress of Ireland and the Lusitania, and his supposed being on the Titanic!
-Don

R

Richard K. Mason

Just a quick note to all who may be interested:

While checking out the latest schedule for the Sci-Fi Channel, I discovered the following surprise; On Friday, August 9, The first episode
of The "Time Tunnel" {Rendezvous With Yesterday},
will be shown at 5 A.M. EST. I won't miss this one even if it means no sleep! Have a good day!

Richard

R

Richard K. Mason

Hey! Don!

I'm Sorry, I made a mistake! The episode that I refer to above is going to air on SATURDAY, August 4, at 5A.M., NOT ON FRIDAY! If you go to the Sci-Fi channel's web page and scan the programming guide, it seems a little hard to read. I mis-read the events board which was my fault! I just thought you and others should know ahead of time so you"d have the right day!

Take Care!
Richard

R

Richard K. Mason

Don, that should be August 10, not 9th! O.K? Sorry about that! Richard

Don Tweed

Mar 30, 2006
Richard and Richard,
Thank you both for the info!!!
Could have sworn I had seen Lone Survivor in black and white!
Anyway, my VCR will be warmed and ready for the episode!
Thanks! -Don

S

sharon rutman

Good morning all. Am a bit bleary--saw the famous first Time Tunnel Rendezvous with Yesterday in the wee hours of the morning on the SCI-Fi channel. Unfortunately, the episode reinforces my pet theory that the Titanic and fiction--no matter how well meaning--simply do not mix. For example, I didn't know that the Titanic's captain was Captain Malcolm Smith, did you. I spied that little goody on the end credits. Over all, however, Time Tunnel brings back fond childhood memories and I feel it was a damned shame that it never went beyond one paltry season. That brings me to my second rule--never get too attached to any TV show. The public is fickle and anything I like usually gets cancelled faster than you can say "Iceberg right ahead!"

R

Richard K. Mason

Sharon;
Good Morning,
So glad you and Don, and others perhaps, stayed awake for the broadcast. Just a couple of notes for you to tie this up; A]. Try to remember that back in the sixties, when a new show premeried in the fall, they ususally made the pilot episode a half hour LONGER to really give viewers something to get into. Henceforth that's why the Sci-Fi version had cuts deleted from the original episode. The initial story ran 90 minutes,Not 60. B}. If you've listened to the end of the 1953 "Titanic" film, you may have noticed that it was Micheal Rennie whose voice narrated the closing soliloquy. But back then, they didn't give actors credit on film for such minor roles, I guess. C}. Like you, I was very disappointed when "Time Tunnel" was cancelled. And why did ABC feel it had to replace it with a show called "The Legend Of Custer"? Beats me! What a disgrace! {I'll probably get hate e-mail from Custer lovers over this!}. Anyway, let's hope that the new Fox version is close to the original series. I won't hold my breath, however, you know how they wanna' put in current trends in language, sexual innuendos, and all that stuff!

Have a great day!
Richard