Time Tunnel episode

Nov 14, 2005
Yes Robert...the classic time travel paradox...the grandfather scenario. From what I understand of modern day physics going to the past is impossible. Going to the future is not only possible it happens everyday. Relatively speaking. (pun intended)

May 3, 2005
Yes Robert...the classic time travel paradox...the grandfather scenario. From what I understand of modern day physics going to the past is impossible. Going to the future is not only possible it happens everyday. Relatively speaking. (pun intended)
Yes Steven.......Then there is the old " What if I went back in time and shot and killed my old Grandmother ?".
Also ........In the light of other movies there didn't seem to be any problems of portraying Captain Smith so I wonder why they did so in this one ? Of course .....…As someone remarked in another post " You can do anything in movies."

Eric Paddon

Jun 4, 2002
Also ........In the light of other movies there didn't seem to be any problems of portraying Captain Smith so I wonder why they did so in this one ? Of course .....…As someone remarked in another post " You can do anything in movies."

Probably just because the ABC censors were being overly cautious and paranoid. It wasn't that there would necessarily be a legitimate legal claim at stake, but the slightest risk of any legal action that could tie things up was something I'm sure they wanted to be absolutely sure was taken care of (if a legal action were ongoing it might for instance prevent an episode from being part of any syndication deal later on etc. This is why several episodes of "The Twilight Zone" weren't seen for decades after their original run because there were plagiarism suits going on at the time the show was sold to syndication). It may well have been an overly paranoid network directive to have the credit name "Malcolm Smith" rather than anything Allen would have wanted to do.

OTOH, the other time-travel series to visit the Titanic, "Voyagers" in 1983 *really* crossed the line. They gave us a Molly Brown on the bridge at the time of the iceberg collision and Bruce Ismay getting off the ship dressed as a woman!

Nov 14, 2005
Probably just because the ABC censors were being overly cautious and paranoid. It wasn't that there would necessarily be a legitimate legal claim at stake, but the slightest risk of any legal action that could tie things up was something I'm sure they wanted to be absolutely sure was taken care of (if a legal action were ongoing it might for instance prevent an episode from being part of any syndication deal later on etc. This is why several episodes of "The Twilight Zone" weren't seen for decades after their original run because there were plagiarism suits going on at the time the show was sold to syndication). It may well have been an overly paranoid network directive to have the credit name "Malcolm Smith" rather than anything Allen would have wanted to do.

OTOH, the other time-travel series to visit the Titanic, "Voyagers" in 1983 *really* crossed the line. They gave us a Molly Brown on the bridge at the time of the iceberg collision and Bruce Ismay getting off the ship dressed as a woman!
Or the whole bridge crew getting dressed as women, red indians..ect as in the Monty Python sketch of Titanic.