Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2006
I'm doing a project on titanic and need some help. can you tell me when did the reception room flood. 2. when the dome broke. and 3. when the ship broke in 2. Thanks!

A

Adam Lang

Daniel,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome. I hope you enjoy these boards as much as I do.

1. When did the reception room flood?
I'm pretty sure it was around 2:05 AM, but I might be wrong, however.

2. When did the dome break?
I'd say around 2:10 or 2:15 or so. That was when the ship would be sunken enough to get the weight of enough water over the dome to break, and it was also right around when it broke in JC's movie.

3. When did the ship break in two?
Well, that happened right before it came down at 2:20. The hull wasn't strong enough to withstand the weight of the stern up in the air so it broke in half. It took all of a minute or two for the stern to sink, then.

Hope this helps.

-Adam Lang

A

Adam Lang

Hmm, I wasn't able to find any online, but James Cameron's Titanic shows a great scene of that happening. It shows from the dome breaking all the way to when the room is completely flooded. The only way I can think of to get an actual picture of that happening was if your computer can play dvd's, you could take a screenshot of the dome breaking. If you can't play dvd's on your computer, I think mine can, so I may be able to take a screenshot and post it here.

-Adam Lang

Feb 24, 2004
Hi, Daniel!

The scene of the dome imploding in JC's Titanic was based on a painting by maritime artist and Titanic historian Ken Marschall. You can find that painting reproduced in a number of books, available either in book stores, used book stores, or through most public libraries. The two that come most readily to my mind are:

Titanic - An Illustrated History
by Don Lynch

Ken Marschall's Art of the Titanic

Best wishes!
Roy

"1. When did the reception room flood?
I'm pretty sure it was around 2:05 AM, but I might be wrong, however.

2. When did the dome break?
I'd say around 2:10 or 2:15 or so."

If the reception room sank at 2.05 am, how could the water flood 3 decks in 5-10 minutes?
The reception room was flooding at 1.30, since the water appeared on the Grand Starcaise's E-deck landing (a deck below) at 1 am!

Status
Not open for further replies.