Titanic 1912 raising Theories

J

Jamie Bryant

I have heard of many wacky methods of which to use to raise Titanic (in 1912). These include the following:

1) Fill her with table tennis balls.
2) Using nitrogen, create a block of ice around her and let her float.
3) Simply get a crane-boat to winch her up !
4)Inflate a giant rubber ring around her.

Has anyone heard of any more?

J.B

A

Adam Leet

Another was to use magnets attached to flotation bags, to haul the wreck to the surface.

One involved not raising the ship, but using demolition charges to allow the bodies trapped within the wreck to float to the surface.

Adam

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

I understand Colonel Astor's son had something along the lines of using dynamite in mind in the hopes of flushing dad's body to the surface. The scheme died when dear old dad was fished out of the Atlantic.

J

Jake Angus

Bonked on the head by the forward funnel, as I recall. Poor J.J.

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Well maybe. The problem with that one is that there was no evidence to support that. The body wasn't...as often claimed in the popular media...covered with soot, broken up inside or anything like that.

J

Jake Angus

So the 'crushed body of J. J. Astor' was just a myth to sell yellow papers, then?

M

Mark Baber

Staff member
Take a look at this page of George Behe's web site for the available evidence about the condition of Astor's body.

Rodney A. Fosback

Rodney A. Fosback

Another was to use magnets attached to flotation bags, to haul the wreck to the surface.

One involved not raising the ship, but using demolition charges to allow the bodies trapped within the wreck to float to the surface.

Adam
This badly damage copy shows the using magnets method. Copy was used as insulation in wall of old cabin. I may be a day late and a dollar short on reply to this, but enjoy the same.

Attachments

• Raise Titanic.jpg
    Raise Titanic.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63