Titanic 1995

C

Cátia Lamy

Hi there!

Well I've bee

Hi there!

Well I've been looking around the messages about Titanic's movies and you talk about lots who I didn't even know that they exist!! Anyway, you don't talk about one:
the "Titanic",1995 (if I'm not mistaken) was shown in Portugal as a TV serie (I don't know how you call this kind of shows!! sorry!) and awas pretty good. It has a little of Cameron's Titanic but pretty much more information of how things happened that night. It has two major and romantic stories (one on 1st class and another on 3rd class)and it gives lifes to more real people than Cameron's Titanic. It also shows the sad story of the Allison's, which I believe is a very interesting story, thought a little crazy!

Anyway, I can only tell you that Catherine Zeeta-Jones perform on that "movie" along with other well known actors.

Hope I told you something new for a change!!! (you're always telling me new things!!)

Kátia Lamy, Portugal

C

Cátia Lamy

Hi! here I am again!

Well, I went to the amazon homepage and I found out this movie I'm talking about. I believe you called a TV-movie, and it came out on 1996 which was very bad because Cameron's Titanic was much more famous thas this one which, I believe, with much less work, is so shining like Cameron's movie.

And here there are a little more things about the movie:
- in VHS it cost about $10.00 (9.98) at the amazonh homepage;
- with Catherine Zeeta-Jones, also Peter Gallagher, George C. Scott, Eva Marie Saint, Tim Curry, Harley Jane and someone else I couldn't understand the name perform on this movie.
- the director is Robert Lieberman

If you don't got it and you've liked Titanic (1997) but you rather if it had more about the ship and that night just buy it; for me $10.00 is a fair price for it.
Only one more thing, I don't know if that movie they're selling is exactly the same I've got but mine has about 3h30/4h00 so get your popcorns before you start, cause you can only stop when it ends!!

Hope you enjoy it,
Katia Lamy, Portugal

C

Chloe

Hello Katia, What is you're opinion of this version of Titanic?

C

Cátia Lamy

Hi Chloe!

I like this movie very much! There's only two problems about it:
- is VERYYYYY long!
- there are REAL passengers and FAKE passengers, just like in Cameron's Titanic.

Thought, in the point of view of the real facts I believe this is one is better than Camerons movie. It has lots of stories, it shows well what 1st class was looking for in the times; shows the story of the man who disguised like a woman to get into the boat; the widows; the rich man who saved themselfs; even the dogs!

In the romance point of view, Cameron's Titanic is better but only because he got the all movie only for Jack and Rose. This 1995 version deals with lot of stories and with two romances (like I've said before) with two different ends: one happy end and another not so happy.

Chloe, I don't know what you want to know more about this movie but if you have any question just ask ok? For me, it's a great movie!

Hope I've helped,
Kátia Lamy, Portugal