Titanic 1997 Grand Staircase Film Set E Deck

Charles

Mar 28, 2015
USA
I know that the grand staircase in the movie was a copy, but bigger than the original, but I only remember seeing the grand staircase down to D Deck and the elevators to E Deck. I do remember a little of the grand staircase double trace, but I was not sure why they didn't film that section of the E Deck set. Was that part not the squared like the original and curved like the other levels for the movie, or what?

Charles

Mar 28, 2015
USA
Nov 13, 2014
Belgium
That's the whole point of not making a set for the Grand Staircase E Deck landing. There was no need to make it because the Jack & Rose story can perfectly without it. Rose comes out of the elevators and moves on to the crew's passage. No E Deck Grand Staircase was necessary, so no set was made.

Charles

Mar 28, 2015
USA
BTW the scotland road passage couldn't have been entered there, it had to have been on the staircase if Cameron wanted it realistic.

Nov 13, 2014
Belgium
Yeah, that's another example of where Cameron preferred a non-realistic setting which better fitted in Jack & Rose's plot.

There are multiple examples of scenes where historical accuracy proved to be of less priority than Jack & Rose's story. I once read the movie was 85% historically accurate, and 15% historically errors where Jack & Rose's plot preferred.