Titanic 2012

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Grant, all of that is currently in the planning stages.
Right now, the April 2007 BTS Convention is set to get underway.
I don't have the website address available, right now. It is, though, listed on another thread.

Southampton is also planning events for next April, so a larger-scale event should be ready for 2012.

Dec 31, 2003
Hampstead, London
If this site could become even more truly an 'Encyclopedia', direct reference might more often be made to valuable contributions posted 2 or more years earlier. This is rare and direct contact between contributors or Moderators and contributors, rarer again. What happens is merely that the page on which one's own last comments on the topic appeared is forwarded because the topic has continued or has - often so long afterwards - opened again. But, effectively, it begins again. And frequently, as though 'from scratch'! This is more than just my own personal experience or 'beef'. Our Moderators are quite evidently doing their best - their very best. But, are we - as Members? I have considered and referred to what I called 'Titanic100' for 7 years - 2 of them here on ET - meeting with little response - or acknowledgement to any suggestions. And they were - to what I had become so interested in and concerned about and excited by (and been collecting towards!) - only the 'tip of the iceberg'.

Adam Burgess

Dec 10, 2006
I belive that there is going to be a trip out to the sinking site. hopefully not too expensive and perhaps we could take the MIR subs eh?

Mark Ferguson

Oct 30, 2008
Hi,

There is going to be lots of events organised in Belfast the whole project is called Titanic2012 the logo is nice and the buzz around the titanic quarter is good!

Mar 15, 2001
Isn't it amazing how fast time has flew by? This thread was started 5 years ago and we are now only 7 years away from the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. And does it really seem like it was 10 years ago that Camerons movie was making everyone interested in everything related to Titanic?

Will C. White

Apr 18, 2007
I'm kind of thinking about "going home" to Ireland for the anniversary, but I don't know where to commemerate, Belfast or down at Queenstown (last port of call). Our side of the family has been away since the American Revolution, but I know there's still Lowrys, Tripletts, Mahans, Sullivans and McKeans over there. I'd make it the trip of a lifetime, and naturally I'd go over and back via ship, and I might even take Cousin Bob (the half Irishman-in stature-LOL).

May 27, 2007
My Family has been over even longer Will. We're from Scotland originally any how. Of course my Mom's side came over in the 1800's. Germans, Danes and Swedes.

I really don't know where I'll end up going for the 100th Anniversary. New York perhaps? Maybe I'll go to the Statue Of Liberty and look out toward the sea and contemplate the unfinished Voyage of a hundred years before.

Jan 25, 2008
Anyone planning on taking a voyage that year? I hear there are some misgivings about the legitimacy of some of the offerings. Any musings, folks?

Thanks
Vaughan

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I think the organisers were talking about using a Cunard liner at one point. Why not email the organisers, they are very friendly and open.

Lau Yikwan

Feb 11, 2008
HI!
As you guys know, Titanic sank on 15 April 1912.
then 2012 will be the 100anniversary of Titanic!
I wonder if there is a commemoration all over the world?!

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally a separate thread in the "Aftermath" topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]