Titanic 31 Norwegian Destinies

C

Christine Geyer

Hi everyone,

I have just finished reading "Titanic - 31 Norwegian Destinies" by Per Kristian Sebak. Met the author at the BTS Convention in Southampton. He's a nice guy and did a great research about the Norwegenian passengers. The book starts describing the lives and bio of each passenger, then follows the story of the boarding and trip, aftermath of course, and then again individually for each passenger how their lives went on or, if they didn't survive, the story of their respective families. The bios are very detailed and have a great lot of photos. The only small "problem" I had was that it has so many names and dates that I had sometimes trouble to put the "After-Titanic-Part" in context with the "Pre-Titanic-Part" and to remember who was who. But maybe I'm just too scatterbrained (senile stubbornness?).

Anyway I can just highly recommend this book.

Regards
Christine

Mar 28, 2002
Afternoon Christine,

I am in the middle of this book and I agree, there are a few names to remember. It's the same with "Titanic's Predecessor" but they are two very good books and well worth the investment.

Nice photo of old bloke in the chair, by the way.

Cheers,

Boz

H

Holly Peterson

Does this book have any c 1912 photos of Karen Abelseth or Artur Olsen ?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
There are a couple of photos of Karen, one taken in the 1920s when she was still young and one in the 1940s. As far as I can see there are no pics of Artur.

Jena Stedtler

Dec 29, 2008
Hello, my great, great aunt was Anna Kristine Salkjelsvik. Is she documented in great detail in this book? I am trying to find pictures in particular, or any information beyond what is already said of in her biography on this website. Anything about where she went after her survival is greatly appreciated.

If any of these things are written about her life after the ship sank, then it will be worth it for me to buy.

Thank you very much,
Jena Stedtler

Sep 5, 2016
Hello, my great, great aunt was Anna Kristine Salkjelsvik. Is she documented in great detail in this book? I am trying to find pictures in particular, or any information beyond what is already said of in her biography on this website. Anything about where she went after her survival is greatly appreciated.

If any of these things are written about her life after the ship sank, then it will be worth it for me to buy.

Thank you very much,
Jena Stedtler

Hi Jena,

I know it's been so long since you posted this but in case you were still looking for information, Anna was my great grandmother. She moved to Duluth,Minnesota. Proctor to be exact. If you look up the Proctor journal archives there was an article about her in 1977 when she passed.

Feel free to contact me.