Titanic A question of murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

serena

Apr 24, 2000
Has anyone seen the documentary "Titanic - A question of murder " and can say what it includes ?(interviews,etc.?)
Serena

Philip Hind

Editor
Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Dear Serena,

Titanic A Question of Murder was a British Documentary made around 1982.

The presenter - who incidentally was also responsible for the first Ballard documentary "Titanic: The Nightmare and the Dream" - interviewed survivors (Eva Hart, Frank Prentice, Ruth Becker, Edwina Troutt, and others) as well as certain experts and looks closely at the British Inquiry, particularly the evidence of Alexander Carlisle focusing on his suggestion to White Star / H&W that a greater number of
lifeboats be fitted.

The programme does look a bit dated now but overall it is a very nicely put together piece of investigative journalism.

Phil

Reactions: 1 user
M

Michael Salvona

Dear SERENA i bought the video some time ago it is very informotive especialy about the brittish enquiry showing it to be a farce from start to finish disregarding good evidence and such. It also takes you to the harland and wolff ship yard to the spot on wich the TITANIC was built

S

Serena Fehn

has anyone an idea how to get the video in Germany ?
BTW,is there anything about Thomas Andrews ?
Serena

M

Michael Salvona

DEAR SERENA i havent watched it in ages but if you cant get a copy in germany let me know i might be able to send you one or make you one and send it. yours MICHAEL

Martin Pirrie

Jun 28, 2000
Dear All,

"Titanic - A question of Murder"

Sales and Distribution by IMC Video Ltd

Try:
Kingfisher Productions
The Dalesmade Centre
Watershed Mill
Settle
North Yorkshire
England. UK

Kingfisher have a web page on the Internet. I know that because I bought from them: "The Lost Film of the Titanic"; which is video recording of a 1912, black and white film taken of Titanic on her way to Queenstown. The film shows shots taken on T's deck and Capt. Smith walking! I am fairly sure I saw "A Question of Murder.." on their web page and another video "Titanic - The Nightmare and the Dream" which covers the general facts of T and Ballard's 1985 and 1986 expeditions.

Martin Pirrie

Martin Pirrie

Jun 28, 2000
Sorry, I've checked and Kingfisher only have "The Lost Film of the Titanic"

I have found another site for the other videos so they are still in print. All about £10.00.

So try

wolvertonrail.co.uk

Search under "IMC Video"

Martin Pirrie

Aug 29, 2000
I remember being affected by the little Irish children at the school in the village from which Thomas Andrews came- they being so visibly tearful while recounting his loss and the great loss of lives-excellent graphics and visuals on this early programme and some really THOUGHT-provoking questions on the matter of who was responsible for cutting down the number of lifeboats so severely and why.

Jason D. Tiller

Aug 20, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hi All!

I also recall being affected by the Irish children that were talking about Thomas Andrews' death and the loss of so many lives. I agree with Shelley, it did have excellent graphics and visuals.

Lowering the number of lifeboats and who was the cause of that was very interesting. It certainly got me thinking.

Best regards,

Jason D. Tiller

Status
Not open for further replies.